1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atlanta Supercross predictions?

Discussion in 'General' started by gt#179, Feb 28, 2019.

1. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Ok, home town race this weekend. Anyone else going to be there?

BamBam is out, evidently he took a digger this week and has a concussion. Sounds like it's just this round.

So Plessinger will be flying the Yamaha flag in the 450 class. hopefully he's found something in the past week or two and will catch that extra gear. Would be nice now that Yamaha is moving more and more of their stuff to ATL.

Roczen I still think is going to drop the hammer and win one. Tomac, Marvin, Webb (train has to slow some time right?), Plessinger, etc. etc.

250's of course you'd have to be daft to not see Forkner way out front. Cooper, Sexton, Smith?

Will probably go visit the husky riders friday night, and take the 950 to Highland Park for a few hours Saturday if the weather is nice and it's not too wet. See y'all there!

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

We're thinking Saturday at Highland may be best due to the weather forecast. I'll be in the ATL dinner time tomorrow.

My pick is Marv for the win and Cooper 2nd. Marv is due IMHO. I'll call you tomorrow

gt#179 likes this.
  3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I would like to go,but saving money for Talladega.Whats cheap seats cost for Arthur Blanks Benz stadium?

4. I’ll be there, possibly. Not sure if I’m going to go or not. I have tickets to a suite but times at a premium right now. I may give them to a buddy.

5. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Cheap seats are$16 I think.

6. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

When 2 $16 tickets end up $60 after fees it makes me want to sink Arthur Blank’s brand new yacht. There is a discount code from MetroPCS on this flyer.

Attached Files:

ToofPic likes this.
  7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I will be watching in the garage with the DVR.... I am going out on a limb here .... Reed FTW!

roy826ex likes this.
  8. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I'm hoping one of the west boys can humble Forkner.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  9. He’s been training a lot in NC on very similar dirt, he’s fired up and rejuvenated a bit. His wife n kids will be there watching. I’ll be standing out of that limb with you.

10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Webb finished Detroit on a high note. He has to be the favorite. Different dirt than last week, and any variable means Tomac will be 9th. I agree that Marv could be due, and maybe Roczen, depending on which version of him shows up. Can't see Reed winning anything at this stage, but a podium would be dope.

11. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

COOP likes :

450 - COOPER Webb
    250 - Justin COOPER

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

He has done well there..... Beat Bubba and Charmichael there back in the day if I am not mistaken.

13. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Atlanta dirt/clay is grippy isn't it? I'll pick Webb.

14. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Tomac.
    After last bad race he decided to ride the bike instead of letting his mechanic ride like he has been doing.
    Guess he figured he had better not get to far back on points with Web hauling ass.

Steven

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I predict there will be winners and whiners. A normal race weekend, if you will.

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. Jed

Jed mellifluous

#4.

I'll be there with my kids.

17. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Justin Hill ride like he does during the week at JGR's track.

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Whenever I think Atlanta SX all that comes to mind is the early 90's races in the old Georgia Dome with the red clay.....and the track was a big circle.

turner38 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  19. Ya, equivalent of a radial tire drag race event vs sand being like a no prep.

20. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member