1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atlanta: electronic music fans...

Discussion in 'General' started by zeroice, May 15, 2007.

1. zeroice

zeroice crotchrocketroadracer

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  2. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

lol! saw the thread title and was thinking....what the hell...????

electronic fans that play music?

3. zeroice

funny bryan... how you doin these days?

4. zeroice

Haha... never thought of it that way, that is funny!

5. nebulate

nebulate Well-Known Member

when i was in college we used to drive down a lot of weekends to catch different trance acts, but i haven't been in so long and don't know where or who does the trance scene anymore, not a big drum and bass fan though.

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Too bad im in N.Carolina

7. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

doin' alright....just hittin the grattan/gingerman/road america stt days lately and watching/taking pics/pit bitching at grattan races.

8. zeroice

Yeah, this show is more of a funk/acid jazz drum n bass sound, not sure if you even call it drum n bass but it earns that name. Probably because it stemed or branched off from DnB and rejoined with the electronic jazz movement which was originally started by people like LTJ Bukem. The original and popular drum and bass sound is more like a jungle beat with very heavy drum lines...

I'm not much of a trance person. I prefer DnB and House

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  9. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

schweet, break out the lollipos and ecstasy.:D

10. zeroice

I'm curious, do you associate all electronic music to lollipops, glow sticks and xtc?

11. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Not all of it. Some of it I associate with the low-grade all-synth Muzak I hear over the PA at the Dollar Store when I'm shopping for dog biscuits.

12. Yes

:Poke:

13. jpmarm

jpmarm Justin Marm

14. Venos

Venos Well-Known Member

I've always referred to it as "jazz-step". Between that and liquid funk (Hospital Records, etc), that's about all of the DnB I can listen to for any extended period of time, as I'm a house head and trance fan in general. That being said, PVD killed at The Tabernacle this last friday, and Ian James' opening set was badass also :beer: :bow:

15. zeroice