1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Athlete's foot, WTF M8

Discussion in 'General' started by superdino, Dec 31, 2018.

1. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

5 weeks this shizz has been bothering my footsies, never had this before in my life and I'm at a loss.

Tried Lotrimin, Desenex, Tinactin...still got those red burnin' footsies.

How did pioneer people cure foot fungus back in the day? Time to go old-school...

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

pee on them and let it dry.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

are you dieting by chance?

Also, make sure to rotate shoes everyday. could try some anti-fungal powder in the shoes also.

worst case, cut them off

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Left to right or front to back? Either way sounds painful.

badmoon692008, tiggen and BigBird like this.
  5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Do they still make Absorbine Jr? Flip flops, everywhere.

Newsshooter likes this.
  6. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Yep, usually a strain of Tinea- a common fungus.
    Thrives in a warm moist environment- crotch, shoes, etc.

Use topical antifungal- there are prescription pills like Diflucan also- but are rarely needed for the Tinea pedis- athlete's foot.

And like said, wear no shoes whenever possible, Get new shoes/boots, etc.

You can beat it, sometimes more difficult than others. (didn't want to say harder than others, and beating it in the same sentence- on this forum LOL)

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yup, throw away your current shows, or at least stop wearing them for a long time.

8. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I had a bad case back when I was running distance on a regular basis. Once it took hold, it was really hard to get rid of, as I wasn't wanting to alter my training routine by too much.

All the OTC stuff didn't do squat.

Made a trip to the dermatologist and they 'scripped me some good stuff, and it was completely gone in a week or two.

10. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Get liquid treatment that contains tolnaftate. NP 27 etc. It actually works.

beac83 likes this.
  11. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Change your socks, too. Twice or more a day and keep your feet dry.

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Stop visiting Turkish bath houses or at least buy some shower shoes to wear when you do.

13. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

When I was working and running in the Middle East a couple years ago, I would remove my shoes' insoles every night and allow them to dry thoroughly inside and out every day. Keeping them dry definitely extends their life and helps keep bacteria and fungus at bay.

14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

get a can of Lysol and spray your shoes every week. Once I started doing that, it disappeared.

15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Medic tip...put on socks before you put on underwear.

Your feet will touch the underwear and can spread the fungus to your crotch.

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Ewwwwww?

17. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

PM me your address. I'll send you a prescription topical gel that I am the sales rep. for. It'll cure it up quick.

BigBird, Steeltoe, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Yep. Boots too.

19. superdino

I'm afraid this is winner-winner chicken dinner, I gotta see a Skin Dr. This OTC stuff just ain't working. And I don't even have sweaty feet...I'm suspicious I got der fungus among us when the Viet lady was scrubbin' my footsies during a Man-Pedi (not Mani-Pedi, it's Man-Pedi).

Gave up on the expensive OTC stuff that didn't help, past couple days been soaking in hydrogen peroxide, and apple cider vinegar too. Because the internet said it works and the internet never lies...

K51000 likes this.
  20. superdino

Oooh snap just saw this, let's try that, cheers!