1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATF' Fast and Furious Question

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kmfegan, Nov 13, 2011.

1. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

I have read multiple things on this and I am not sure if I am missing something or if the ATF's plan was totally flawed from the start so bad that Ray Charles could have seen the holes.

They instruct gun stores to allow purchases that they know are not on the up and up. The goal is to track the weapons.

OK so now you have a record of who they left the store with but what method were they going to use to track the weapons after that?

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

It appears that you're assuming that a Government agency has the forethought to even think that far ahead.

I doubt that they actually did think of it in terms of actually following the weapons. Instead, after picking up the pieces from the use of said weapons, they would know where the weapons ended up. (kinda) It was a dumbass plan from the start even going back to the end of Bush's time in office. A royal clusterf##k if you will.

3. kmfegan

According to the ATF the operation was supposed to expose the gun running operations in their entirety. I just do not see how.

You got the guy that bought them and where they end up being found by the police, be it at a crime scene or confiscated in a raid. I am sure there are a lot of dots to connect between the two and even if they flip someone I do not believe that would fill in a lot of the dots.

I am at the point now where I believe the people that run things, be it a government entity or a private corporation, have no common sense and no fricking idea WTF they are doing.

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

That was not the real purpose. If you recall there was a lot of propaganda about how much of the Mexican violence was due to US guns. Another attempt to stir people up for a gun ban, nothing else.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You'd think that with all the technology they have access to, some rfid tags or other tracking device wouldn't have been that difficult. If they can put those things on a damn turtle and track it for thousands of miles, why can't they hide one in the buttstock of a rifle?

6. kmfegan

I also think this was driven by more than one agenda but wouldn't you want to make the premise of the operation believable?

7. sheepofblue

It was never supposed to go public. The White House was doing its best to maintain plausible ignorance with scape goats in place. Check the people in charge to see who was fired or promoted :Pop: It only went sideways because there were agents with integrity then the tragedy of one of their own killed with the weapons smuggled.

8. povol

povol Well-Known Member

Correct, they were trying to legitimize the 90% Lie. Obama, Hillary, Holder, and many others were on record as stating we needed stricter gun laws because 90% of the weapons used in violent crime on the US Mexican border was because of illegal gun sales from stores in the US. That figure was proven to be false, so this little plan was hatched to flood the region with US sold weapons to bolster their lie. Tracking the guns was never part of the operation, and many agents voiced their displeasure, knowing at some point, one of them would die at the hands of one of these weapons. Those who complained were sent packing, threatened, or reassigned.When it finally happened, an agent came forward and told congress about the operation .Just last week, a former US Attorney Dennis Burke admitted to releasing documents to discredit that agent as a form of retribution. This is the guy who has BEEN CHOSEN BY THE ADMINISTRATION TO FALL ON THE SWORD. The big question is, can congress make his life more difficult than the promised payoff is worth.

Special Agent Dodson demonstrated both tremendous courage and fidelity to the mission of ATF when he came forward to discuss the misguided "Fast and Furious" investigation. It is unfortunate that his superiors at ATF and DOJ did not listen to his attempts to address the matter internally, and instead chose to attack him once he, out of necessity, stepped forward. Today's public acknowledgement by former US Attorney Burke that he participated in such misguided efforts to smear Agent Dodson is welcome, but unfortunately Burke did not act alone in attempting to ruin Special Agent Dodson's career.

9. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

:bow:

10. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

The Democrats are in bed with the gun and ammo manufacturers :) The more the politicians speak about gun control the higher the sales revenues for the manufacturers

11. sheepofblue

Just because a sheep is paranoid does not mean everyone is not out to BBQ him :crackup:

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Does they bar-be-q sheeps?

13. sheepofblue

Westeners do worse :wow: filthy pervs try to Penn State you if you aren't careful. Either way it is someone trying jab a pole in you :tut:

14. Bourgeois

Bourgeois Shortbus Captain

Didn't they say they put GPS in the handles but the batteries died?

15. sheepofblue

Umm yea I believe that one :crackup:

16. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

Its all a joke. Nothing they testified to holds water. There was no tracking plan in place, just a determination to allow the guns to flow south. The End Game was to attack the 2nd Amendment and curb private gun ownership.

Holder should be fired or indicted. I know why Obama hired him but Clinton should get kicked in the balls for finding him the first place.

17. Bourgeois

Bourgeois Shortbus Captain

18. sheepofblue

Careful Bill Jefferson might like that :eek:

19. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

We could just hire Janet Reno to do it so it won't be considered sexual...:D

But then again, Bill would hit ANYTHING...

20. kmfegan

Why does it have to be one or the other? It should be both.