1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asthmatic Man Who Sold Untaxed Cigarettes Dies During Arrest

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Jul 18, 2014.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You can't make me.

2. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

I'd like to hear how you would expect the cops to handle this entire situation. When the sergeant told them to start enforcing the loosie law, would you expect them to say, "No, sir. We're not going to do that?" It's a serious question, and I have follow-ups, depending on your answer.

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

no kidding. If you are going to selectively edit, you might want to drop the words that actually proves the other persons point.

4. If by conveniently, you mean according to the English language, then yes, I agree. The word "and" indicates that both conditions have to be met for it to be justified. Here it is again for your academic purposes:

There's also the "unavoidable necessity" part that wasn't fulfilled.

Fonda, I didn't edit anything. That's his entire post. Did you forget to take your meds?

5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/12/03/actual-facts-eric-garner/
    Old article but it articulates what many of us feel. Sad situation all around. I blame the liberals for creating a situation by raising taxes to over $6 a pack and criminalizing smoking to the almost totalitarian situation we see today. If you don't want officers to be forced by law to take an unhealthy overweight black man into custody and put him in the local jail for selling a few loose cigs on a sidewalk then don't pass those laws. :D

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  6. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Already asked a couple times and no one can give an answer because the cops did the only thing that was left to do. IYC says he wouldnt enforce the law which is fine, he may be the cop thats in a position to afford a suspension or be fired. Unfortunately with the crap salary most cops make a lot of them cant do that so you have situations like this.

7. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Ironic that the cigarette tax is probably going to help pay the settlement.

8. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

That's kinda what I'm wondering. It seems to me the cops are caught between two sets of assholes, the politicians and the Gerners of the world.

9. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Had they pepper sprayed him it would've triggered his asthma with probably the same outcome. Pretty sure tazing him would have probably killed him too.

10. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Absolutely, then everyone could wonder why they just didn't take him to the ground without using weapons...:rolleyes:

11. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

And had they pepper sprayed him and he died from an asthma attack it would have been ruled a homicide as well.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I imagine most people aren't into choking each other during sex. Not judging, though. To each their own. :D

13. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

the most sad part of all this is the loss of all the contributions Mr. Garner was sure to make to society in the coming years.

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

The trend is positive.

15. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Point of order here: What does this have to do with New York State law?

Sorry. :D

16. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

This is the Dungeon sir, not New York.

17. Shyster d'Oil

I forgot, did Garner die in the Dungeon? :D

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, it's an imaginary world where medical examiners determine if homicides are justified. :D

19. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Fortunately for you the grand jury in New York made that determination for you ;)

20. Shyster d'Oil

:crackup: