1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Army Disinvites Graham to Prayer Service"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by eric hunter, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Article in the paper here today "Army Disinvites Graham to Prayer Service" is the double edged sword of freedom of speech and freedom of religion, but what irks me the most is that this was prompted by Muslims who objected that his words were "not appropriate" and propogated by The Military Relious Freedom Foundation ? Graham's remarks of "Islam is evil" in 2001 and recently said that he finds Islam offensive and wants Muslims to know that Jesus Christ died for their sins. Army spokesman Col. Tom Collins (real name, not the drink) says " We're an all-inclusive military. We honor all faiths...our message to our service and civilian work force is about the need for diversity and appreciation of all faiths." Even the one you are fighting and blows up your men and who's creed is death to all infidels and non beleivers of Islam?
    Mmmh, OK.

A spokesperson for the American-Islamic Relations Council had this to say, "Promoting one's own religious beliefs is something to be defended and encouraged, but other faiths should not be attacked or misrepresented in the process."
    I agree with that, I guess, but He needs to promote the softer side of Islam - if there's one - and maybe we'll believe it one day. I do not now.
    BTW, Shirley Dobson (wife of Christian conservative James Dobson) who is on the Nat Prayer Day board with Graham said "Enough is enough....!" Interestingly enough, her request that the Obama admin look into appealing a recent ruling by a federal judge that this Day of was unconstitutional was actually entertained by OB and an appeal is in process.

First, they bitch about Southpark's show with a Muslimin a bear suit and the show is pulled -bah -and radicals threaten the show owners (will someone be killed a la Dutch cartoonist debacle?), now they try to tell us how we mericans are too think and pray...and the Army falls for it?
    World's going to crap city. I want a cabin in the woods with hookers and blow and guns and ammo.....and a bike of course. :D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Christian groups would have bitched about a Muslim dude, so what's the big deal? Graham is a bit of a polarizing figure so I can see him not being welcome.

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Christian groups would have bitched about a Muslim dude bitching about christianity... (fixed up)

Pentagon were right to toss the stupid wanker out.

4. wsmcrobert

wsmcrobert Well-Known Member

Fixed yours :D

5. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Just imagine utter outrage if the script was flipped.

Sad days lately but not too many want to hear truth.

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

MSNBC's (Keith or Rachel) lead.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Are you implying that MSNBC's hyperbole is greater than Fox's?

:wow:

:D

8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Yes. Yes I am.

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

:wow:

10. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

HMMM I havent seen Christian groups bitching about much in the last 25 years.
    Seems like most of the bitching is coming from everyone but them. But yet everyone accuses Christians of crap all the time. You have Muslims killing people by the thousands every year. They strap bombs on and walk into a place with innocent people and kill them. Yet everybody wants to stand by and say Christians do the same thing and Muslims are not all bad. There is only one koran these people are reading just like there is only one bible the Christians are reading. I wonder in the past 50 yrs which group has killed more people. Or maybe the last 20 or maybe the 10. I tell ya what how about the last 30 days. I don't even want to hear the bull coming out of peoples mouths

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure where you've been because I see self professed Christians bitching about everything under the sun pretty much daily. Hell, I see you bitching about Muslims right now - freaky huh?

You don't really want to go with the numbers killed. Hitler got the Christian numbers up enough all by himself to cover a lot of suicide bombers.

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Well, there was O'Reilly Great Xmas theft... :D

But seriously, no one is helping by claiming the other religion is evil.

They're all pretty stupid but that's beside the point...

13. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

Hitler was someone you would call a Christian. Where have I been? Right here in the south where a lot of those "Christians " live. You must have a hotline that Christians call in and bitch on.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Reasons I like Mongo ^

15. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

:crackup:

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I wasn't aware Hitler's actions were endorsed by the Christian Church. His comments, public and private, were often contradictory. Individuals yes, the church no.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you're not a Christian?

Hitler called himself a Christian. He is NOT what I would call a Christian - however keep in mind I've got a rough estimate of 90% of self professed Christians that I don't think are actually Christian either. Same thing goes for Muslims, I don't believe the psychos are real Muslims following the Koran.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The stark difference between my muslim friends and christian friends is only one group is always prosthelytizing. That would be the christian types. My muslim pals have NEVER ever tried to push any agenda on me or even gives a rat what other people do.

Then again maybe that's what they're doing when they spout off arabic to each other hmm...

19. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Well-Known Member

I do recall learning about something called the Crusades...

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which church has the final say on all things Christian? Which one has the final say on all things Muslim?