1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armchair Presidents: What does he do first?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lawn Dart, Jan 20, 2017.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My daughter has one sitting 10' from her desk. I'm sure she can work out a deal with you:D

[​IMG]

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Just wanting to come here to make a living isn't enough, we have to have a need as well, otherwise they will just become jobless and a problem we don't need to make worse. A reasonable immigration policy would enable this. Who said anything about enemy?

3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Tell me that's not purple. You should know better than to send me a picture of a purple Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

Ask her if she takes pesos. :D

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:
    My parents WERE in their shoes and they chose to do it LEGALLY......tough concept these days, I know!!!

dsmitty37 and R Acree like this.
  5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is a butt ugly color. I think she called it fuchsia, which is still wrong. Sure...pesos, yen, whatever you've got:D

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

But does he have enough of them?

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It is difficult by design. The US has no shortage of unskilled labor if properly motivated so why bring it in?
    It took me 8 years to get my Green Card. There are many of us who have successfully navigated the immigration process and are now legal residents in the US. If you can not make it through the process legally do you really have that much to offer the country?

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

The FUCKING legal way. What the fuck is wrong with you??

9. jamilrahman

jamilrahman Well-Known Member

People are going to do it illegally if you make it next to impossible to do it the legal way. Fix the immigration system by improving they way people can legally migrate. Also, increasing the border tax means the American public pays for the wall, not Mexico. I wonder what will affect an average American's life more: paying more for everyday goods or illegal immigrants going on a rape/murder spree? I also forgot to mention that Mexico is one of America's top 3 export buyers. It'll be a two way street if Trump decides to go down that road.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Enforce the laws until you fix them.

The border tax is a two way street. Both have an interest in continued relations and they will be negotiated and we will meet somewhere in the middle. The primary difference is the elimination of the diplo-speak niceties. Right now we buy more from them than they do from us. personally I would like to see Mexico flourish an buy more...a strong ethical economy there would probably eliminate illegal immigration northward.

That said, I think it hypocritical of Mexico to criticize US immigration policy when their own polices are FAR more stringent.

XFBO and V5 Racer like this.
  11. VintageWannabe

VintageWannabe Diggin Deep

We're all law breakers in some way. Have you ever sped, rolled through a stop sign, or had a license plate light out? Hell, I bet most on here have even been drunk in public. So the "Must comply with the law" argument is invalid. We must enforce laws to protect the public, but if there's no harm coming from an action, there's no need to act.

Bullshit. If you were in their shoes - poor, desperate, and no future where you are, but there's a future across a border - You'd illegally jump that fence in a heartbeat to provide for your family. Most would anyway, I can't speak for you.

We need to make it easier for these people to come here and work. There's obviously work for them to do here, and they're obviously not able to come do it legally. Nobody would do it illegally, if they could do it legally.

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Nice deflection. Still waiting on a coherent explanation re: hatred. As for breaking the law. Yes I have, and when I get caught, I pay the penalty. Argument validated.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

So there's no harm to a steady influx of non-English speakers who haven't been vetted not documented? That's an interesting shade of bullshit the sky in your world is...

Yup. And if and when I got caught being where I wasn't legally permitted to be, whose fault would it be?

No, we need to make the freeloaders take these jobs the border jumpers are doing and cut off the spigot of welfare. Nothing like an empty belly to motivate someone to put on their workboots.

XFBO and crashman like this.
  14. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Nothing like a jailed CEO to motivate others to hire legally.

15. VintageWannabe

Cops see you speeding, changing lanes without turn signals, rolling stops signs all the time and don't give you a ticket. They only enforce the laws when it comes to a point that you're putting yourself or someone else in danger. Argument invalidated.

It's hateful to deny these people a fair opportunity to better their lives. It's hateful to think you have a right to this place and they don't - what makes you so great? You were born here? We all came from immigrants.

16. pickled egg

Here we go...

17. VintageWannabe

One has to speak English to be safe? That's an interesting shade of hatred in your world's sky.

I'd love for them all to be documented and vetted. Make it easier.

I agree with that. Cut off the welfare, make Americans get to work and fill all these jobs, and there will be no need for the illegal immigrants here, and no desire for them to come.

18. pickled egg

Troll is weak.

Then stop arguing against it, dimwit.

Mighty hateful for you to deny these souls seeking to better themselves by drying up the supply of jobs by eliminating the welfare freeloaders...

19. VintageWannabe

^ What are you talking about? You're not making sense.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How about - stay home in your own country?

It is difficult to do legally. So?