1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you going to miss Mladin?

Discussion in 'General' started by RoadracerR123, Sep 11, 2009.

1. RoadracerR123

RoadracerR123 Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm not.

He was fun to watch with Ben but he seems to be a bit of a prick.

2. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I wont' miss him but I'll miss the level of competition he brought to the series.

3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Nope, racers come and go.

Look how soon everyone forgot about Eric Bostrum this year.

I wont miss his constant complaining about EVERYTHING. If he was more constructive and didnt complain about everything, he might have made an even bigger difference in a positive mode. But it became a "Crying Wolf" situation with complaining at every round about something at the riders meetings. It got disruptive actually.

So, no. His time is done. The series moves on.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap. No bullshit, no pretences, nothing but winning races.

5. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

Of course.. I think every sport misses the loss of the best.

Does the racing get boring when one guy cleans up every outing? Yeah.. but that's not HIS fault. People need to step up their game (which Josh H has of late). Before Josh came along, only Ben was able to give him a challenge.

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I will absolutely miss him.

His drive, ability and dedication set the benchmarks of performance in the series for years.

I'm confident in saying my impression is that every rider who competed against him did so wanting to prove themselves against the best.

7. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

He has Glenn Beck on his Twitter page.....so ahhh

8. the muffin man

the muffin man certified hymen inspector

9. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

It is his fault for not taking HIS game to the next level. World Superbike or GP.

No I won't miss him, much for the same reasons Dr675 has already stated.

10. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I will miss Mat. He was my type of man.

11. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Yeah, how can any of you so called fans of racing miss one of the best riders to ever throw a leg over a bike push it's limits every lap. I can't imagine ever missing being able to go to your local tracks to see a rider of that caliber. :rolleyes:

What a bunch of dumbasses.

12. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

yes he will be missed, his no nonsense attitude and non sugar coating with results to back it up was something special. how many times did he dig deep and pull out a fast lap when he needed it late in the race, for suzuki they lost a great employee, guy showed up and did his job well, you cant ask for much

i do enjoy seeing josh flying out there though, he has worked very hard also

13. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

i won't miss him. he's cool and all but everything changes and nothing stays the same- that's what makes it exciting.

14. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Yes, he will be a huge loss to the series.

15. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Is nobody gonna jump on this? You guys are playing awful nice today:D

16. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

It will be just like any other racing series when the dominant guy retires.

Someone else will step up next year, and people will call him the next great thing.

Then, in a few years, new fans and old fans will argue over who was the best.

Nothing new.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Whatever will all the haters complain about next season?

18. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Saw it with Prost, Senna, Mansell, Hakkinnen, Schumacher, Andretti, Unser, et all.

Anyone miss DuHamel this year? He set AMA records too, but the paddock didnt seem to be lost without him in the paddock. I applaud Mat for going out on top.

19. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I'll miss his interviews. I'll miss his offhand comments. I'll miss his facial expressions when he is in the background.

I won't miss the dominance. I wont miss the assumption that everyone finishing in front of him somehow beat him at his best. I won't miss him seemingly sandbagging his way to the end of the season.

What I really hope for is for Mat to pull up a seat right next to Russell in the announcers booth. Now that I would pay extra to "see".

20. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Yeah...I think I'm getting pass. :)