1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you a Tony Stewart fan?

Discussion in 'General' started by puresportsdesigns, Nov 21, 2002.

1. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

2. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

That's cool! :cool: It looks great. And yes, Tony Stewart is actually my favorite Winston Cup driver. Hearing the crowd boo him during intros at AMS back in March made me feel sorry for him, so I decided that I'd cheer for him. I made a pretty good choice! :)

3. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

You just like him cause he is obviously into S&M

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm waiting to see if Max Papis lands in NASCAR before I start watching Roundie Rounds.

5. 418

418 Expert #59

He's the only driver in NASCAR I half way respect.

He don't give a shit what ya think, and he says and does whatever the hell he pleases. Me thinks, that's the first step of being a real racer. not giving a fooooooook...

6. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

In NASCAR? Hell, in anything. Put him in a car and he'll drive the wheels off it! Sprint cars, CART, sports cars.... he was fantastic at the 24 Hours of Daytona this year in a prototype.

And Dave.... Mad Max rocks. He's cute, too. :)

7. 418

418 Expert #59

Tony has never raced in CART...only in IRL.... As far as sports car racing...I didn't know that one. Cool...:D

8. Go Karter

Go Karter Well-Known Member

Tony ROCKS!

My son and I got to meet Tony in October with the help of Bruce (over here at Nancy's) Wilkins.

Tony has been my favortie driver (besides my son) since the first time I ever saw him race (USAC Midgets), he is the most intense competitor to come along in a long time. In my opinion, racing needs more drivers just like him.
    He does'nt try to be a big star, he does'nt care what people think of him, he does'nt sugar coat anything, he simply loves to race and win.

He is a true racer, there are too many Hollywood types on the race track these days, and yeah compared to them, Tony looks like a bad guy.

But then he is a bad guy, Bad to the Bone that is!

9. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Booing is actually respectful from NASCAR fans. A good driver will get cheered for, but a great driver will draw cheers AND boos. Earnhardt? Gordon? :)

10. Go Karter

Go Karter Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I got to meet Max papis when he came to get fitted for the MOMO Ferrari, and again at the Rolex 24 at Daytona in 96, He too is an incredible driver, that year he was running in second place near the end of the race, he needed tires and fuel to continue the abuse he was putting the car through, he came down pit road at 160 mph...with three hours to go, the team was six laps behind the leader, with Max behind the wheel, they finished in second place and less than one minute behind the leader and on the same lap.

I was right there when he climbed out of the car, which had run out of fuel just after crossing the finish line, Max was in tears, he wanted to win the race so bad for the team, the drama level was very high, that was the day that Max Papis made himself known in racing in America.

Another true racer. Damn...he was awesome!

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My first run it with Max was when a friend of mine worked for Toyota Indy and Max was one of the drivers. I spent the weekend mooching and trying to steal everything that wasn't bolted on. ;) anyway, Max had me in stiches and spent time shooting the sh@t with me and my GF at the time, even though I told him I didn't think much of Auto racing as a whole. Max is a cool Mother F'er.

12. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Wow Jerry,
    After seeing this one, I am anxiously awaiting mine to come in. I am so excited that I will again have my Reed Replica, fortunately without the Union Jack on it. That was the only thing I didn't like about that helmet. I wish I could've come up with a Scottish flag to go on it. But there wasn't enough time.

I want to tell all of you guys that if you need any custom painting or signs done, go to Jerry at puresports designs. The service I got from him was impeccable and he's a helluva nice guy. One of those guys that you don't mind talking about racing with for hours at a time.:D A genuine good guy who does good business.

13. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

I only have one Mad Max story, and it is COMPLETELY LAME compared to y'all's..... but here goes.

About three years ago I was at the 24 Hours of Daytona. I was on the second level of that tower in the middle of pit lane, waiting to watch the start of the race. The cars were out on their pace lap. I was leaning over the rail, and I turned to look up at the top level. All of a sudden, there's Max right above me, looking down. Our eyes locked. He smiled. I blushed. :) The End.

14. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Great driver, seems like a f@ckstick, but that could be the way the media paints him. Racers should be intense, and he is that! I saw him race numerous times before he joined the nasty-car circus and he was clearly a class above everyone else. I think he could and should race F1, he may have the most (developed) talent of anyone in NASCAR right now.... But he'll never be my favorite...

15. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

If there are any Micheal Schumacher fans I am finishing that replica today. It is a Bell Dominator painted with hard to find Marlboro logos.

If you have a favorite driver and want a replica of his helmet drop me a line [​IMG]

thanks for the plug DAWG [​IMG]

16. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

If only I had the extra cash....

One of my favorite drivers, Andy Pilgrim with Corvette Racing, has this awesome helmet with Ren and Stimpy on the sides, and Stan and Kenny on the front. Plus I have dreams of getting a helmet painted like Boba Fett's..... :D

17. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Who huffs the most helium before post race interviews. Tony Stewart or Jeff Gordon.:)

18. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

19. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Who's he......

20. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i met tony stewart this year. and then he punched my grandma in the face. now we are suing him. :D