1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are animals self-aware?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, May 10, 2021.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

What about sniping muskrats because the little assholes screw the ice up for hockey and ice racing? Just asking for another sheep, head shots are required with a 22 or the little jerks swim off. Or so I have heard.

2. sheepofblue

Long ago Michigan had an incredibly snowy winter. There was deer that could not get out of areas and were starving. DNR dropped hay to the deer for food. Next summer a plague ran through the over populated unhealthy deer that had not been culled by the harsh winter. It is not always simple.

I have a dog friend who counts fish in the gulf to establish quotas also. Proper management can be a great thing just as over hunting can be bad. Kind of like forests. A properly managed one prevents wild fires and is actually healthier.

3. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Fires in nature are natural. If I recall correctly, some trees don't release their seeds until they have experienced a forest fire. Maybe instead of the "big one" (quake), we should be hoping for the "big one" (fire). :oops:

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Correcting sheep can be a full-time affair. Maybe we should ask the resident welder for clarification?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You mean a human who identifies as a dog, or…? :confused:

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

:crackup:

7. I've seen some dogs that were really good swimmers, but THAT is fucking impressive! Those seas can get rough.

auminer likes this.
  8. sheepofblue

But you can still manage them and they do. Yes the pines in Colorado (I think) release their seeds during a fire. They are also very long lived and do well in sparse water.

9. sheepofblue

One of my friends who has Shelties (that is how we became friends) vs my motorcycle friends :crackup: And no she is not a dog, actually very nice and if we lived closer together.... Of course there is the fish thing and her like of seafood which is poison to me....

ToofPic likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

11. ToofPic

From my understanding the California fires have been a result of years of Forestry service not being allowed to clear/ back burn the undergrowth.
    My girlfriend has all her family in California and they deal with the fires every year.
    Seems like y shit way to exist.

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

This should be good. Any thoughts @dsapsis ? :Pop:

13. ToofPic

And black outs....weeks of black outs .While I'm awaiting my one up once.
    Wild fires,black outs, stampedes of homeless garbage,good weed,and Cambodia rule..

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. Yep, all that shit (and the people in charge) is why we wont move to CA.

When we first got together, the wife was living in a condo on Redondo Beach. I actually loved it. It was beside a huge dog park, we could walk down to the pier that runs along the beach and had all kinds of nice shops and restaurants, and the weather was perfect. It is calm, easy living. I could easily see us moving back there.

....if it wasnt in CA.

YamahaRick and ToofPic like this.
  15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Nah, I'm good. I already suggested we get Brit in here to set everyone straight. That guy knows his fire shit.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

What’s holding you back?

17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

That’s how I feel about San Diego. It was a dream of mine to live by the ocean and surf every day. It was 100% worth it and I still love certain things about living in SD, but unfortunately CA makes it impossible to stay in love with it.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. ToofPic

Laziness I suppose more than anything
    Hunting is not like it use to be in Ga
    These days guys spend thousands on hunting clubs, monster truck,4 wheelers, and all the bells and whistles in between.
    The last time I hunted it was very cheap.No cameras,you had to drag what you shot out of the woods.Definitely less expensive.
    But mostly old and lazy is stopping me.I plan to ask my neighbor if I can hunt her property across the street next season.I miss the quiet time of hunting

19. See, I would love everything about hunting....until it came time to actually kill an animal.

I love shopping for shit, prepping shit, etc. I like researching and using accessories to try to give me "an edge". I like being in the woods, and enjoy hiking and camping. I even love climbing trees. The idea of getting the best/right gun and ammo, going to range and zeroing in the scope, getting up really early and getting to the woods before the sun is up, just me alone in the woods, walking/creeping slow trying to be quiet, the thrill of chase or hunt, the anticipation of finally seeing something, looking and waiting for the perfect shot.......

I have never been hunting in my life, but I always hear the guys at work talk about it and all of that sounds so damn awesome. I would love it.....until it came time to actually kill something.

Id be the dude that always came home empty handed, and when people asked if i killed anything, id be like "No, but damnit i could have!". :D

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yeah it is a bit unfortunate. It’s the bass pro era, and to a lot of people hunting is just an excuse to spend money.