1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are all republicans liars?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Newsshooter, Dec 1, 2017.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Pretty sure you already asked this (and received an answer a few months ago. Getting old is a bitch. I hear you're almost fifty. Ouch. )

2. dsapsis

I don't listserve a single site.
    Your claim is in the archives.
    My statement was correct -- see hypothetical.

Keep it up, and you too can aspire to the heights of IYC and G97.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  3. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

They have been, but never at the behest of an American candidate.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Throw an old man a bone and refresh him on the law you claim was broken, wouldja?

5. pickled egg

And you know this, how?

6. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Squirrel...er...Russians! :D

7. dsapsis

My "claim" is that a law was possibly broken. The case under review was predicated with an "if", and obviously the investigation is not complete, hence my comment "We'll see". You are free to maintain that there is no legal basis for criminal conviction associated with collusion, no matter what is shown to have transpired. Not that it matters for impeachment.

8. pickled egg

Uh-huh.

Need a reminder of what you said?

Soliciting illegal help. What help, and what law was broken?

I don't see any "if" anywhere in your statement.

9. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

You can’t respond to me most of the time, but you can toss barbs out there trying to hurt me. Makes sense.

Said therapist is not acting in an unprofessional manner by encouraging my healing. I help people, it is my purpose in life - by speaking out, it helps me to help others. It is healing to me. How can you call out a therapist for encouraging my healing?

I have seen several different therapists in the past few years. All of them wanted me to lay on the couch so they could psycho analyze me. All it did was make things worse.

This lady actually helps me, and because listening to a victim makes you uncomfortable, she is wrong?

You have got to be so full of shit, it’s coming out of your ears. That - or there is something you see in me that triggers a part of you.

10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yarn, I hope that you get to where you want to be. You seem like a person who has her shit together and not a care in the world.

11. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

“People seem to forget what they post” , now where did I read that, I do wonder.
    This is not turning out well for you. Your emotions have compromised your reasoning skills regarding “news”.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  12. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

We were talking hypothetically. But it sounds like Flynn may know and he’s now cooperating with Mueler so time will tell.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Presidents cannot pardon non-federal crimes? Damn, I always assumed they could but then again I never thought about it until I read this.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I have done nothing to hurt you.
    What I have done is point out to you that you have been given some bad advice, and I have solid reasons for that.
    Perhaps your therapist doesn't understand the dangers of the internet, let's go with that.
    I can't say I understand all of what you are going through because everybody's situation is different, but I have the rough framework. I can tell you still have a long way to go, though, and I'm not sure you're a very good judge of people at this point.
    It's easy to idolize someone who is helping you and not see certain things.
    That's how therapists end up having sex with their patients.
    In any case, maybe your therapist doesn't appreciate the way in which the internet is used to prey on people. There are a lot of predators out there and they use the technology.
    You are making yourself a potential target for predators by putting all this stuff out there in a way that allows predators to track you down. Don't make the mistake of thinking that that kind of thing doesn't happen.
    Predators look for the weak and damaged to prey on, and when you post all that stuff, you're like a wounded fish in the water, sending out signals that are traveling a long way.
    I would really hate to see you attract one of those predators and have something bad happen to you.
    Far from wishing you ill, I'd like to see you stay safe.
    If you were getting things out in a controlled group therapy setting or even a private group on a website, I'd think differently, but I don't see where what you're doing now is safe or couldn't be accomplished in a safer way.
    I want you to get well, I think it's terrible what you had to go through.
    I'm certainly not your enemy.

15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

First rule of getting out of a hole is to stop digging.

jase, Chino52405 and R1Racer99 like this.
  16. dsapsis

I know you think you are being clever, but it's not working out for you.
    You need a reminder of the post that set up the hypothetical? The "if" is right there. Jeezus.

17. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Talking about being abused as a child makes you a target for internet predators? What the hell are you talking about?

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The lure of the shovel is a powerful curse. :D

SuddenBraking likes this.
  19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I explained it. Read.

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

From what I've read, and heard, over the years a President can only pardon Federal crimes. I guess if I'm wrong someone will correct me. :D

I just googled it up again and read some rules on the DOJ's site about it. Sure enough, the President is limited to only Federal crimes.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017