1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arai Pinlock Visors?

Discussion in 'General' started by YamRZ350, Nov 10, 2010.

1. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I haven't done alot of searching, but I was wondering if anyone has used these inserts with their helmets and how well it worked.

I'm using an older RX7 on the street, and with the cold weather fogging is becoming a huge pain in the ass.

Also, is there a distributor in the US, or did you have to source them overseas?

2. f4idrew

f4idrew #800

Tom.. i use the shoei pinlock in the rain.. work great, no fog. No idea where to get them though, i had a bunch leftover from my old shop sponsor.

3. JBaucom

JBaucom Well-Known Member

They work great! Any Tucker Rocky dealer should be able to get you some.

4. jeffsv

jeffsv Well-Known Member

Fog city pro shields work very well too.

5. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I had read (on the internet so it must be true) that Arai didn't offer the Pinlock shields, pins or inserts in the US.

Thanks for the info, they should be easier to source than I had first thought.

Are the inserts pretty durable, and able to be cleaned?

6. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

I bought one straight from the Service Pavillion rep at the Seattle IMS last year and he had a huge amount of them with him.

So far, so good....

7. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

My old man has the anti fog in his Shoei and swears by them. I asked about the cleaning issue and he said that they don't need cleaning often because he just leaves it in at all times, but when they do need cleaned they aren't going to tear or anything.

8. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I have two Arai pinlock shields, they work really well

9. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

So this is some kind of insert? Is it easy to change out? Tinted?

10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

11. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

+ for pinlock shields! :beer:
    There great!

12. mia748sp

mia748sp Miamian, not a Floridian

+! on the pinlock and +1 for The Service Pavilion. Knowledgable staff and great customer service.