1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone work at a Mercedes dealership?

Discussion in 'General' started by gt#179, Mar 27, 2017.

1. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

or have a good contact at one? sales..

wife is considering a CPO E-series convertible and just wanted to ask a few questions..

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

No.....but I stayed at a Holiday Inn recently.

3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Pffft. No good unless it's express. Next please. :D

4. Kolbe

Kolbe Well-Known Member

Depending on what it is I may be able to answer. I work at BMW but am pretty familiar with the Merc stuff. Otherwise a friend of mines wife is the Sales manager at our local MB.

5. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Motor mounts go bad very quickly. Feels like engine is running on frame rails, because it is. Not fun to change either. Pull oil filler cap and look for cooked oil, then stay on top of oil changes and do them sooner then required [10k changes don't work out so well by 80k or so] or else your balance shaft will end up needing replacing. Otherwise they are good cars. Oh the actual fabric tops fade quickly in the AZ sun.

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

@GrayGhost may be able to help. Or Leslie Garrett that rides with stt

7. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

seems like the front brakes and wheels are the soft spots on the 550's. sent a PM to Kolbe...

8. Check on maintenance costs, even if DIY.

9. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

anyone? bueller?? bueller??

thanks Kolbe for the info, now to find a good contact/sales person.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All Ive got is Evelynes song got his wife an AMG - the little SUV one - a couple months ago and it's in the shop again for some sensor issues....

11. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

did they use a local dealership? or have a decent sales guy? local would be nice...

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They bought it in the ATL - no clue which dealer and the boss is napping. I'll ask her when she wakes up if she knows.