1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using a Gimbal Stabilizer on a GoPro?

Discussion in 'General' started by Rogue4, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about buying one. A quick search looks like they're not cheap so I'd like some firsthand recommendations. Ideally I'm looking for something that can easily be mounted to the tank/tail and tethered. Possibly something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/EVO-Gimbals-Wearable-Gimbal-Session/dp/B01K8W0EFK?pf_rd_p=0fc3f2c4-3ed5-4d11-9995-8d7c82394713&pd_rd_wg=qUIsr&pf_rd_r=NH65RHH4VGAHC05FA7HV&ref_=pd_gw_cr_simh&pd_rd_w=kEXpN&pd_rd_r=08061715-a3e1-4e20-bfb4-0e472f873cdb

I don't really need a fancy electric motorized one. Do they make a mechanical equivalent of the one above? Any other brands or models I should be looking at? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  2. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

3. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

That's one of the brands I'm looking at. Any idea how it mounts? Just the traditional GoPro sticky base?

4. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

From what I see it's GoPro mount. I think it attaches via bolt. I think it's called a tripod mount. I hope so at least. I'll let you know when I get.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Rogue4 likes this.
  5. You can try one of the Gimbals we use at work. But you might have a hard time fitting it on your bike. :D

[​IMG]

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

So Run DMC works on your rig?

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

2 dudes watching one dude work...probably union labor :D

StaccatoFan, Sabre699 and Banditracer like this.
  8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Lol...

Who's Rig?

RUNS RIG!!!!

Shenanigans likes this.
  9. Oh shit. :crackup:

Sabre699 likes this.
  10. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

I'm the only nerd wanting to use these?

11. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

I got update that it's coming on Wednesday. I have track on Friday. I think if it works the way I think it will, you'll get a lot of nerd company.

Rogue4 likes this.
  12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Probably?.....

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

My buddy got a GoPro Fusion 360, and that was pretty wicked.

code3ryder likes this.
  14. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

The GoPro 360 stuff utilizes gimbal like stabilization completely in software and its pretty amazing.

Like this:

After shooting you can make it a normal video instead of a 360 video if you want. And the video would be stabilized.

Shenanigans likes this.
  15. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

i have the go-pro Karma stabilizer with my Hero4 silver. it's alright...

16. mattology

Wow, that is awesome, if you can get it to always keep one direction, with the stabilization, that's awesome. is that using their fusion? any other software needed ?

17. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

Yes - MotoAmerica used the Fusion to create this. No other software needed.

18. mattology

I just checked and the Fusion is on a massive sale right now.. regular 599, currently 299!! I went ahead and ordered one.

Shenanigans likes this.
  19. mattology

so my fusion arrived, and to use it like a regular gimbal is damn near impossible to do on the desktop app, but on the iphone app you can create something halfway decent.

i wanted something that would keep the direction of the bike traveling as it stabilizes, like a motogp style gyrocam. what i ended up with was it just faced the same direction the whole time which required me to rotate the camera or rotate the mouse while viewing... only comes in handy when you're in a spinning office chair.

but using the phone app you can do some things with it and it seems to be usable.

i will be recording video with both my traditional gimbal setup and the fusion 360 setup this weekend. i'll share video when finished.

Rogue4, BigBird and motion like this.
  20. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

My gimble arrived today too. I'm going to figure out mounting and use tomorrow and Saturday. Will send links when done.

Rogue4 likes this.