1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone up for riding Deal’s Gap and the Blueridge Parkway this weekend?

Discussion in 'General' started by zeroice, Nov 2, 2007.

1. zeroice

zeroice crotchrocketroadracer

I’d like to go with some company.
    Leaving from Atlanta/Birmingham area.
    Would prefer to camp and not stay in a hotel… I know it’s a bit cold, but I have a decent mini gas heater and warm enough tent/sleeping bag…

Foliage should be perfect this time of the year!

I could ride a harley or a sportbike, up to you!

Let me know!

2. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I'll go if you have a bike for me to ride :D

3. zeroice

Sorry tim, no bike for you to ride!
    BYOB (Bring your own bike!) :D

4. nebulate

nebulate Well-Known Member

i might ride up to the gap on sunday for a bit, temp is pretty nice right now up here, little chilly at night but pleasant during the day for riding. Let me know if you come up this way.

Ben

5. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I was there last weekend weather was nice and the colors were out. Idiots are still at the gap so watch out. Cherohala Skyway was very nice.

6. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

My bike currently has no can on it so it sounds like a
    Moto GP bike and the police would not take kindly to the noise:down:

7. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

I'll be venturing down in about 2 weeks from PA. Let me know if any BBS's will be down there at that time.

8. nebulate

nebulate Well-Known Member

there is nothing like going up there and getting block passed into a downhill blind left. I understand some people think it's a race track up there and i get out of the way when i see said person coming but most of the time they just come around you because you are in the way and before you see them they are jack assing you.
    and people wonder why the cops sit up there. Deals gap racing circuit :rolleyes:

9. EdgeR6

EdgeR6 Well-Known Member

if it wasn't 8 hours I be down but its getting cool up in in VA and that strom isn't helping matter yeasterday it was 75 today we will be lucky to see 65 and its windy as hell. Which is kind of good for me No ladder work.

10. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I don't go there to ride the road (stopped doing that years ago) I only stop at the store and watch the idiot show, live. If I do ride the road I can certainly show the morons/want-a-be-racers the way up it and down it and won't be passed not once,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in my wifes S2000 :D

11. zeroice

Just so everyone knows: I don't use Deal's gap as a race track. Actually I'd rather ride a comfortable harley or touring bike and just put around.

But there are some 4$$holes that think its a racetrack and thats just too bad they have to ruin it for all of us.