1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone seen a Scrambler 62 racer?

Discussion in 'General' started by The Beer Hunter, Jan 22, 2019.

1. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

I was looking at the 62 specs (399cc air-cooled) and it could be a decent alternative to the R3 ~300cc META with a crash or salvage bike build. (I know im nuts, but I love vtwins). Anyone heard of or seen this in practice?

A couple of my buddies are experienced ducati two valve tuners/builders and they reckon we could get to the upper 40s for hp in an SS build. Thoughts?

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Nada on the build but a good call name beer guy. :beer:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's be a cool bike but totally absolutely way outclassed.

4. The Beer Hunter

Even if we can get 50hp out of it? With carts and a shock it could be competitive with the ultra flat torque curve to offset the extra 30lbs.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd love to see it tried but really doubt the chassis will be equal when it's all said and done.

6. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

can you change wheel sizes in a SS build?

7. turbulence

speaking of racing ducati’s, i always wanted to race my old hypermotard. the most fun i’ve had on a bike on the track.

8. The Beer Hunter

In my orgs rules 16s and 18s can be swapped for 17s.

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Just has to weigh as much as the wheel you're swapping, so no BSTs for you! (Hell, maybe not an R6 front wheel either...)

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. Nor the frame or external fork bits.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I love mine but still wouldn't be competitive in anything it's legal for.

12. turbulence

you have the 1100 yes?

and nothing i ride would be competitive in any class, but that's not the bikes fault :crackup:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep on the 1100. We just don't have anything where an air cooled 1100 would be competitive no matter how fast the rider is :D