1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone race minis?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by killerofangels, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Looking to maybe enter my 'priller RS50 in the mini class (Superbike 50) at Summit Point Apr 2 & 3. Gotta do some safety wiring to get the bike done but it's pretty much ready to go. I've never done a race weekend on anything so I figure it's a good beginner's class. I do have a few questions for anyone but specifically for people that know about Minis.

1. How early should I get to the track? Friday night too early?
    2. Where do I go once through the gate - find a pit area or go to registration?
    3. Are pit areas assigned? - How do I pick where to pit? - How much space should I use?
    4. I've heard some schools have a minimum displacement. Can I use a mini in the rider school?
    5. How do I enter the rider school? Just tell them when I register? Should I show up to the school with my bike and leathers on or is it a sit down meeting?
    6. I see there's a Mini race on Saturday before the rider school mock race. Will I be able to enter the mini race if I'm in the rider school or will I have to wait until Sunday?

I think that's about it. I'm enjoying reading you guys' posts about what to bring. Won't I look silly if I show up with my bike stuffed in the back of my hatchback? :D Thanks in advance for any advice and I look forward to seeing you guys at the track!

2. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Depends on the track, most are open til 10pm on Friday night. I have no experience w/ Summit. Pit space is first come first served. You need enough room for an EZ up (10x10 or 12x12) & stuff. At some tracks you can park directly behind your pit area, others you have to take it over to the lot. I'm not sure there is a school for minis, but I do know the license is cheaper. Hopefully someone w/ Summit specific knowledge will be along to help you there. Good luck & have fun. I ran my mini at Tally last month for shits and giggles. Would be a lot more fun if there were a bunch of us out there.