1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone on here into RDs

Discussion in 'General' started by RD350LC, Jun 25, 2002.

1. RD350LC

RD350LC Member

Just wondering I love em.
    I know thier old bikes now, But they raced them lots in thier day.

2. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Try the vintage section.

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

We still do ... the RZ350 (nee RD350YPVS) is still a very popular race bike. I've got a handful of them in my garage; mainly parts bikes.

We never got the original RD350LC, or "Elsie." The US market was limited to the YPVS model for two years, 1984-85. Canada received the LC in '81, and had access to YPVS models for quite some time. They also had the RZ500. I've got a couple of those as well.

A class that seems to be getting popular this year is "Formula RD." The bikes for this class are the air cooled RD350's and 400's. For the US market, that covers from 1973-79. Rules restrict what you can do to the bike, making it competitive and fun for all.

A great BBS specific to Elsies and what not is on your side of the pond, at Alek's RD Home Page ... http://www.yamaha-rd.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

Some of the better riders that started out on Yamaha RZ/RD's include Aaron Yates, Kevin Schwantz, and Mick Doohan. Not a bad crowd of riders. :)