1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone in Richland County, SC?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robert, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sweet. I can see the need with Stickboy and his spawn living in the area.

3. cujo

cujo Well-Known Member

What a fucking waste of tax payer money, I am sure they figured out some way to get some anti terror or anti drug federal money for that . I know some major cities have apc but I do not think any of them are armed with .50 cal machine guns.

4. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I like it and I want a test drive :)

And for the record, alot of these types of vehicles are ex-military or 'surplus' that are procured by agencies for substantial discounts.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Keep in mind, Richland County authorities are the ones dilligently trying to build a case to prosecute Phelps for doing a bong hit.

6. 999

999 Well-Known Member

I think he should surrender before they have to go looking for him.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They are arresting people trying to build a case. They've gone nuts trying to prove they are not going to let him get away with something just because he is a celebrity.

8. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Ironic isn't it? If he wasn't a celebrity none of us would ever have seen the stupid picture. :D

9. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

He is the poster boy for the MR515-types. Proof that druggies can excel.

It was fine when it was just Cheech and Chong. Phelps is downright humiliating! :D

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Phelps is merely slightly successful in comparison to many recreational marijuana smokers. There are many people that lead very public lives that toke up in private, and you'd never guess. Anybody wanna take a bet on when the last time Bill Gates smoked up? Mark Cuban? I won't even mention Wozniak!!!

Potheads are a different story, but there are more recreational weekend smokers than you'd ever guess.

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

The person all the way on the left, is that the teacher on facebook who got fired?

12. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

If going after Phelps for the pics is legal, then why aren't they going after Clinton. He admitted to it. If Phelps says he didn't inhale, would that make it all better?

13. Sacko DougK

The one next to Tackleberry?

14. scott1krr

scott1krr local hooligan

Whats up with wacko

Trade a gun for a rose in SC on Valentine's Day

COLUMBIA, S.C. – Police in South Carolina gave away roses on Valentine's Day. All you had to do to get one for your sweetie was turn in a gun.

Hoping to get the weapons off the streets with the "Guns for Roses" program, authorities in two central South Carolina cities set up a program where anyone who turned in a gun received a free rose and a Best Buy gift card.

At a Columbia church, five cars lined up to give away guns before the exchange had even started. At the end of the day, Columbia area police had collected 191 weapons and police in Sumter collected 32.

"We've got a great turnout so far," Richland County sheriff's spokesman Lt. Chris Cowan said.

A handgun was worth a $100 gift card, while a rifle or shotgun netted a $50 gift certificate. Cowan said one man turned in six handguns, worth $600 in gift cards.

Cowan did not immediately have a total value for gift cards given out. Sumter Police Chief Patty Patterson said her program gave out $550 in gift cards for long guns and $2,100 for handguns.

There was no amnesty for those turning in the guns. The weapons were being checked to see if they were stolen, names and addresses were jotted down and ballistics tests would also be done to see if the firearm was used in a crime.

Both Cowan and Patterson said there were no incidents and no arrests made Saturday.

Cowan said the idea was spawned in part by Columbia Police Chief T.P. Carter and Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott, who has made headlines recently for investigating Michael Phelps after a photo surfaced showing the Olympic swimming champion smoking a marijuana pipe. The program was modeled after a California one; similar exchanges have been done in New York and San Francisco.

Cowan said gun donors were young and old, men and woman. Many had a big smile and some said it was a relief to get rid of the weapons.

And did they even care about the rose?

"Most of them have taken it," Cowan said.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Woulda been great if they coulda gotten "Guns `n Roses" to perform...

16. cbr/cut

cbr/cut Well-Known Member

Thats right, give up your guns so when shit hits the fan you can do nothing but depend on the police. But hey! You got a gift card to best-buy! Score!

We are just handing our freedom over, arent we?

17. 999

999 Well-Known Member

Seriously, McGruff?

Three possible reasons would be:
    1- Staute of limitations
    2- The only "evidence" against Clinton are his own admissions.
    3- We don't know a time, or place or have any witnesses for Clinton's crime. He may have only smoked up somewhere where it was legal.

18. Sacko DougK

1. No statute of limitation on ones vote.

2. That "evidence" was an admission from the individual.

3. By his admission, we do know when, where and with who. It's also illegal in England where he did it. Should Phelps use precedence and say it's ok, I didn't inhale? Would that make it all better? Why not, worked for someone running for President. Notice I didn't say Dem or Rep? Didn't then and still doesn't matter to me if the individual is a Dem or a Rep in that situation.

4. My point is why do we turn a blind eye for an individual running for one of the most important and powerful positions in the world and think it horrible for an athlete? The only evidence against Phelps is a photo. Is there anyway of proving, beyond a reasonable doubt that he was in fact smoking an illegal substance? Nope. What is the difference between a photo and an admission? The admission takes reasonable doubt out of the picture. My point is that this Sherrif is wasting time and resources on something that is not of a benefit to the community in anyway shape or form. Bottom line, the only thing this Sherrif has done was market himself worldwide. Which in my opinion is his intent.