1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone in Info Destruction/Shredding

Discussion in 'General' started by shaugdog, Dec 17, 2012.

1. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

If you would be open for some questions, I'm in the middle of a start up and could use some help on financials, equipment, etc. Thanks in advance, please PM if available.

-Matt

2. mdr14

mdr14 What?

burn barrel in the back works well for me. That way fox mulder cant tape it back together

3. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Shred, then burn.

If you generate a lot of materials that require shredding, use a commercial service.

4. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

Thinkin that "commercial" service would be in competition with the OP

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, he's looking for info on becoming a commercial shredder from what I can tell.

6. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

LOL, sorry if my post was vague. I am starting a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, and am in the middle of the biz plan. I could use some help from people in the industry to help with the pro forma's and just general questions. Thanks again guys.

7. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

PM sent

8. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

Replied and thanks.

9. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Sorry, misunderstood the OP.

10. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I have an SDVOSB, feel free to shoot me any questions you may have. Since your in Chicago, I charge in Portillo's.

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

We have a guy that comes around once a month or as needed. All he has is a empty box van with a scaled down tree mulcher (not kidding).

You can toss in a few years worth of records in few seconds, artificial snow. Not sure where it goes afterwards, but my guess is recycling. I'll see if I can get his card next time around.

He stays pretty busy.

12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

If anybody has any contacts that do video/surveillance/cd shredding that would be helpful.

This is for a defense company, so it has to have a paper trail of destruction, etc.

thanks

13. caferace

caferace No.

Will penicillin take care of that?

-jim

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Don't you have some dyno tuning to get done. :D

15. Pompey

Pompey Well-Known Member

The only thing I know is after a general chit chat with a guy who collects and shreds, that it is best to have a bailing system so you can resell the bailed paper.

16. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

Ya, the industrial disintegrators are great, we are trying to decide on which price point to target. Recycling is an easy side cash flow, but we are trying to do some tricks to drive biz and market awareness on that side. The green movement is great:D

17. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

Yep. Thanks.