1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone in Hollywood Florida? Car inspection assistance.

Discussion in 'General' started by opinion914, Oct 27, 2023.

1. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

If anyone's close enough to Hollywood Florida to check out a van at a used car dealer, let me know your price to help a guy out. Just want to make sure there are no funny smells, stains or sounds before dropping coin on a van sight unseen. Absolutely zero liability if the thing arrives in NY and crumbles apart on me.
    Thx.
    Kevin

2. drewthere

drewthere Well-Known Member

I dont know if said van is special or how much of "savings" you are getting but I wouldnt do it. I live in Miami and try to get all cars away from here.

notbostrom likes this.
  3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That is a true shit show down there as far as used dealers go.

4. opinion914

Well that info is just as good as any testride info. Problem is that car (Metris) up here is either a knackered former taxi or an equally abused USPS whip. I don't mind a shifty dealer as long as the car checks out.

5. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Is the dealer Americars?

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Americarsusa?

7. opinion914

Miami Car Planet. 1321 N State Rd 7 Hollywood, FL
    Reviews seems legit but I set the bar low in that regard.

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

That other dealer in Hollywood has one on Manheim's I thought might be the one.

9. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i am currently in miami for the next couple days. POSSIBLE i can run up and look, but no guarantee . PM me what you want looked at, and IF i get the chance (and i'll try) i will let you know the results .

10. opinion914

Just saying thanks to Gixer1100 for helping a guy out. He took a thorough looksie of the van and then wouldn't take any $$$ as a thank you. Well, you're taking this public showing of my appreciation!! This place never dissapoints.
    Thanks again Gixer1100.

11. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

Glad I could help.

opinion914 and Boman Forklift like this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Most helpful group of assholes you'll ever meet hang out here. :clap:

gixer1100, Razr and tl1098 like this.
  13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Hope it works out. 99% of anything in Miami is either vin swapped, wrecked or completely undesirable. Venezuela is probably a better place to buy a used car than Miami

14. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

Soooo.......did it turn out to be worth buying?

15. opinion914

The exterior bumps and bruises I'm not concerned with, however the front left airbag malfunction warning on the dash will require some explaining from the dealer tomorrow.