1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here like roller skating?

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

i used to skate a long tim ago and have just gotten back into it.

lol the shuffle moves that i once masterd have recently left me bruised and battered!

most shocking to me is that when i quit many years ago, the riedell 395 was the shit as far as boots go and then came the inlines and quads were obsolete.

now the quads are back and inlines are DIRT CHEAP!!!

hell our rink rents speed inlines with bont hustler :eek:boots!

im going tonight again too!
    should be fun!

2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

When I was a youngster I used to roller skate and ice skate. It occurred to me at a very young age that it would be ingenious to make a roller skate with wheels in a line. Kind of like ice skates are.

:mad:

7. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Never was into the roller bounce stuff you eluded to. But I was a speed skater for quite some time. Quads on as stated Reidell 395s, then on to some Roces racing inlines. Cant recall the model anymore.

Skating rinks around here are not what they used to be. They are mainly teen clubs now, with very few people actually skating. Sad really :down: I see more people walking around the rink than skating. Back when I used to go nodoby was allowed to walk unless they had a little child they were teaching or something.

8. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

This is what I use-

[​IMG]

9. Robby-Bobby

a also did speed for a while.

went to nationals in fresno in i believe 94.

i might be wrong.

i was representing for landmark speed.

and yes its weird to see kids and teens in the middle of the floor doing jam skating.

hell i like shuffle cause you had to dance and skate, it looks like they are just half assed break dancing.

10. Robby-Bobby

you owe me a keyboard.:mad:

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Labeda's FTMFW! Recognize!!!!

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Do they still do the "hokey pokey"? I never really got into skating because i was hanging out at the mall with the cool kids!

13. burner42

burner42 Well-Known Member

Roller girl on Boogie Nights skates...:up:
    I jumped on board the whole fruit boot thing for awhile... then realized I was not gay and quit :crackup:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  14. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Been roller skating since the 7th grade, not in the rink, outdoors only. Used to bomb down the Panoramic Highway on Mount Tamalpais here in Marin County CA. That was pretty dumb, good way to win a Darwin Award, bombing down Mt Tam with no brakes!

Finally went inline a few years ago when my quads had a major mechanical.

There is a Friday Night Skate in San Francisco, about 13 miles through the city, some people put a booming sound system in a baby jogger and push it along so we have tunes. Some of those folks can really skate!

Oh yeah I forgot, first time ever in traffic court, maybe 13 years old, got busted for grabbing tows off of cars!

Peter

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

... I got nothing

16. Shenanigans

:crackup:

17. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I got busted for grabbing car bumpers too lol...... just a slap on the wrist by the cops though. Never an actual ticket.

I ahve not skated competitively in about 12-13 years. But every now and then I will pull them out for some exercise.... Ill skate a good 8-10 miles... or just for shits and giggles.

18. caferace

caferace No.

Well known, but at least she still married you. :D

The SF Bay Area has some of the best riding (and apparently, skating :)) roads in the US, plus 365 days of riding. They even let gender-confused individuals hang out. Plus there is a big "bear" club out there. :crackup:

Peter... I used to tear up Mt. Ham midweek, and in fact those expeditions were what pushed me towards racing. It was that or meet an untimely demise...

-jim

19. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, back in the mid 80s to early 90s. Quad skates. Sometimes 4 nights a week. Reidell boots, Snyder trucks, Powell Bones wheels. Went all over NJ - The Rink in Bergenfield, Kendall Park, Hamilton, Flemington, White House, Florham Park, Twin City Newark. The Palace in Philly, and the Roxy in NYC. Most of them aren't around anymore. Fun times!

20. Shenanigans

Roll Bounce!