1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Have a 98/99 R1???

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Mar 11, 2021.

1. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

I’m helping a friend with a ‘98 R1 street bike project. I need help with the sizes of the OEM decals on the bike.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I have a 01 R1... that work for you?

3. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I have a 99 Blue one .. it’s in Michigan and I am in Florida till about the end of the first week in April , second week at the latest if he can wait till then , I can take pictures and measurements then , if that helps .

4. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

No sir, needs to be 98/99. Thanks for the reply though!

evakat likes this.
  5. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

That would be awesome. I'll send you a PM. Thanks!

6. Eight Screws

Eight Screws Well-Known Member

I can help with the Tank decals but don’t have any of the fairings

I do have a big box of never used OEM parts - shock etc I would sell if he is interested

7. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Kevin, I have a 99 R1. I'm only about 5 miles from your shop off Woodward. The lowers/tail section have been re-painted (no stickers on them), but the other items are stock. Let me know if that will help out.

8. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Thanks for the reply. This bike has Ohlins SBK forks and an Ohlins shock...plus mag wheels and a set of BST's on order.

9. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Cool, thanks. I'll shoot you a PM.

10. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

Sounds like a brilliant investment for a street bike on Michigan roads...LOL:D:rolleyes:o_O:Poke:

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  11. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Still looking for someone who owns a '98/99 R1 or knows someone who does.

Thank you!

12. This must be a trick question. Everyone knows the R1 didnt exist back then.

13. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Is this still a decal issue? Or something new . If it’s a decal thing , then a person with a 99 R1 will do you no good , as the paint scheme and decals are completely different.

14. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

PM sent

15. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

S’up Broome???
    You have to ride a well set up carbureted bike some day.

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. "Well carbureted"....while I have never ridden one, isnt that an oxymoron? :D

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would take one over an early fuel injection any day of the week, twice on Sunday.

Boman Forklift and KMC like this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I still remember when Kawasaki came out with the first fuel injected KZ1000 when I was a kid in the 70's. I remember thinking why would anyone want that? It wasn't any faster, and it didn't "carburate" any better, no one knew how to work on them, etc.

Little did I know that the government would screw all of us with mandated Ethanol fuel and give at least one excellent reason to dump carbs for fuel injection.

Ducti89 likes this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

70s?! I'm talking Y2K fuel injection. Ride them back to back and you would wonder why the hell Honda didn't put the Super Hawk carburetors on the RC51 if you didn't know about the racing program.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I don't know about that racing program.

Ya in 79, Kawi came out with a cool looking LTD that had fuel injection.....I realize you may not have been born yet? I wasn't a LTD guy, I liked low bars, cafe fairings, etc., but it was black with chrome on the tank and looked pretty good, especially if it would have had low bars on it?

https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/kawasaki/kawasaki_Z1-classic.htm