1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone get that stimulus check yet?

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

No sweat with you posting it, thanks for that, really set the tune for the day!
    Yeah, I know I'm blessed in a lot of ways and I try not to lose track of that, but Damn.
    We are bleeding cash from a major artery right now. Hopefully we are ok in the long term.
    I'm just gonna frame this latest change in the rules in my brain as I did the right thing because I am leery of them changing rules after the fact and they probably aren't done fucking around.

Put my head back down and start cranking the laps out!

2. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Honestly, there's still money left in round 2 - it might be worth reaching out to a bank and explain what happened and see what your options are.

Actually, let me rephrase that - you should 1000% reach out to a bank (I'd start with where you got the initial loan) and explain that there was a mistake and see what your options are. That could be the most valuable hour of your time you've had in a while.

3. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Already on it! Thanks for posting that link!

SuddenBraking likes this.
  4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Got my funded debit card in the mail! Woohoo! $22.50. Off to the Watch Lovers and Handguns threads for suggestions on how to spend it!

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Just googled watches for $ 22.50 .. you have tons to choose from :D

MachineR1 and worthless like this.
  6. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

8. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I think it works but only filters on PPP loans greater than $1M
    This Bezos Post link seems to be the same, maybe both are using the same data set
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/business/sba-ppp-data/

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Definitely not accurate. My own company isn’t listed, and I know we were over $1m. We were over $2m.

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

For couples filing jointly, incomes up to $150,000 will still get the full amount. But rather than zeroing out at $200,000, the Senate bill will cut off payments at $160,000 in earnings.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1259463

I need to quit working so I can get some of that cheese.

Gorilla George, TurboBlew and BigBird like this.
  11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You and me both.

12. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Still trying to figure out why people on social security got or are getting checks. Not like they were laid off LOL

cpettit and Newyork like this.
  13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Can you picture the shitstorm surrounding trying to rob those old folks of what is rightfully theirs?? o_O

I better STFU now....

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

That right and don’t you forget it youngster. Also too, get off my lawn. :D

motoracer1100, YamahaRick and R Acree like this.
  15. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

I’m with you on this one.....talk about wasting $$$$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

I got like $290 from the very first stimulus and $0 on subsequent payments. But i can't complain since covid increased made for a batshit crazy year at work for me. ( i work in virtual education software)

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

That's an interesting question. My mother, who is 81, feels the same way. The first stimulus check I give a bye... they needed to do something, and do it now. We talked through about how she didn't need it, how come they couldn't sift through the data, etc. So we agreed that if given the exigent circumstances she felt like she got something that was better spent on someone or something else, she could donate it to a food bank, her favorite charity, etc. Which she did. This second go around, plenty of time to have gotten your proverbial together...

I'm not sure I understand the Social Security tie in. That's not charity or government cheese.

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Talk about the perfect industry to be in lol.

Suzuka_joe and Newyork like this.
  19. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Exactly........ but those of us still paying a shitload in taxes get nothing. Either give everyone in the country the same check or GFY.

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same reason those on unemployment making more than their normal pay got them.

Newyork, Pixelator and Sabre699 like this.