1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone ever use a collection agency?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gigantic, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

I had a client who broke a contract and is stiffing me for about $600. does anyone have any experience with collection agencies? any recommendations?

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I've only had to use one once. He's now in prison, for murder.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yes and they take a nice bite of the cash if they collect. $600 ain't nothing to ignore but you'd be lucky to get your cash in any quick time or get $400 of the $600 you're owed.

I could be way off because I was after a very large amount of cash.

4. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

I'm hoping that the threat of collections is enough. the client is moderately wealthy and I'm hoping that he'll pay if I threaten his credit rating. If he doesn't, I need to be able to back up my bravado...

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

He's moderately wealthy and he's sticking you for 600 bucks. :down:

Maybe he got that way by screwing people.

6. RoadRash49

RoadRash49 Well-Known Member

Hey Lance,

Yes, I've used one on several occasions and they've always come through. Usually just telling a deadbeat that I'm turning it over to an agency and mentioning the name of the company is enough, but I've had to follow through a few times. They do take a good sized commission if they take any action worth it just to shake them up when someone that can easily pay a bill doesn't feel like it. I've been using Vengroff-Williams.
    and Associates.

Pat

7. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

He have any assets you can lien?
    I know it won't get you paid straight away but if you could cloud title to say his personal residence, you might get some traction...
    Once lien has been placed, he will get notified via mail and he will not want it hanging over his property...