1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody live in N. Philadelphia area can check out a dealership for me?

Discussion in 'General' started by oldguy, Jan 5, 2005.

1. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

Anybody in Philly area? I bought a car on E-Bay and the minimal English speaking dealer has me a little worried. I bought a 2004 Nissan Sentra Spec V with 2,450 miles for a couple grand less than the going rate. I got it from:
    Express Auto Sales, 1262 Hemlock Dr., Philadelphia PA 19116
    If anyone is close to there and can check to see if there is such a place I'll send you (2) brand new AMB aluminum transponder holders with hose clamps for your race bikes. Or an equivalent in cash if you want. I'm supposed to meet the dealer at the auto auction in Harrisburg tomorrow at 4, so if this is a scam, I can at least save myself an 8 hr drive.
    Thanks, Doug (814)333-1169 or (814)724-9018 eves

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

3. oldguy

Yeah, that is one thing that bothers me. I hope this is not a hijacked auction that I've seen reported before. The address on the BBB report doesn't match either. That's why I was hoping someone in the area could check it out for me........ soon..... so I can try to get my deposit back if it's a scam.
    Thanks!

4. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

OTOH 1 unanswered complaint in all those months of operation has to be some kind of world record for customer satisfaction coming from a used car dealer... :)

5. (diet)DrThunder

Well, if you're meeting the person at the auction with money, it's hard to see how it's a scam...I mean, what wold be the point? They aren't going to get your money until you see that everything is in order, right?

6. oldguy

Except for the $500 deposit I Paypalled today. I just want to save an 8 hr trip if it's a scam. If I drive 8 hrs I'll really be pissed if no one shows up

7. (diet)DrThunder

Ah...

Well, I hope it works out for you...I bet it's no biggie.

8. oldguy

They did send me the address that the car is at. I told them I may get snowed in tonight. It is at:
    Express Auto Sales.
    3001 Philmont Ave. Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006

(267)738-1136

TIA, Doug

9. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Doug, I can check it out for you tomorrow morning if that's not too late. Let me know what you want me to check out.

10. oldguy

Frank, you ARE an angel! If you just go by and see if it's a real dealership that would be awesome. I don't leave for Harrisburg until about 11:00 am to pick it up. If you stop, the contact is ZAK.
    Tha car should be on it's way to the Harrisburg auto auction where I'll meet the seller and take posession at 4:00
    Thanks so much and PM me for your holders or cash!
    Doug

11. Knarf Legna

No problem, I may be able to get out there tonight after getting new tires mounted. Donate the cash to either Christopher's fund or the Action Fund.

12. oldguy

You got it! Let me know what you find!

13. oldguy

OK frank, I bought some time. I won't be picking the car up until Saturday morning. Weather here is getting bad and my kid has to go to Jersey Saturday anyway so I'll bum a ride. Thanks for your help.......... it sounds OK, but they want to do the deal at my hotel instead of the dealership, so I'm still a little leery.

14. (diet)DrThunder

Umm...at your hotel? That's the first thing you've said that gives me pause...wtf is that all about?

15. Knarf Legna

OK, Doug, no problem, let me know if things change. FYI, that section of town is respectable - Huntington Valley is a decent suburb of Philly. Have to agree with the Dr though, the hotel thing is more than a little strange.

16. oldguy

Frank, I'd still like you to go by the place to see if it is a dealership. I just gave you more time.
    The reason they are coming to the motel is because I am being dropped there Fri night and won't have a car to get anywhere. They are bringing it to the hotel, we'll sign the papers and I'll be on my way home. The hotel is right by the Turnpike and I'll be on my way. If the deal goes sour, my son will be passing back thru from his Guard weekend and I'll ride home with him and pick up a few hand grenades, I mean call my lawyer, yeah, that's it. :D

17. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

I live outside of huntingdon valley and can check it out for you as well, I go that way to work. let em know

18. oldguy

That would be sweet CWN. Do you have the latest address on Philmont Ave? Here is the E-Bay link to see what the car looks like. It should be on the lot I would think (if there is a lot). TIA . Let me know what you find out.

19. Knarf Legna

Doug, it's a legitimate dealership, Feretti Motors. Probably close to 150 cars on the lot. www.ferettimotors.com

[​IMG]

20. oldguy

Thanks Frank........ now I'm really worried because the guy I'm buying it from is Express Auto Sales. Check the link I posted earlier. I guess I'll find out Saturday.