1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody here has had compressed vertebrae injury?

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Aug 11, 2010.

1. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

I have a loss off feelng in parts of my leg and foot. The doc said it will never come back because it took too long for me to get my surgery. Good luck!!

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Thanks for sharing the stories guys. I'm relatively fine as long as I don't pick anything heavy up. I'm gonna lay low and hope for the best. As for PT, the doctor hadn't mentioned anything so I'm not sure if I don't need it, or he's a idiot?

I'm taking two weeks off and doing allot of praying. :D

3. kevin kline

kevin kline Well-Known Member

i had compressed disk in my neck in @1995 and had it fused with a piece of bone from my hip and recovered well. then in 2005 the one below it in my neck that i had fused been bad. that one really caused alot of pain. i tried pt once helped for about 20 minutes and elected for surgery in which they screwed and plated and found out through mri the first fusion 10 years earlier never really took. my recovery time was faster and really had no bad affects so far. physical therapy was a waste especially after i saw what they charged. i would go to the best neuro surgeon and get it operated on before it gets worse. just my two cents.

4. random hero

random hero Banned

Sorry to hear it man.... back injuries suck. About 5 years ago I was being a cool guy, and rolled my cr125 over on myself doing a 4th gear wheelie... I compressed one of my vertebra. Still have pain to this day, some days are better than others.... Good luck, hoping for the best:up:

5. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Ask your doctor what type of exercises he recommends that you do for your specific fracture. My doctor didn't specify any initially either, but after I asked he gave me some great tips that helped alleviate a lot of pain. I also took up yoga about 2 months after my incident and it helped A LOT (as well as prayer :up:)

+1 to the folks that said to give it time to heal, you have very little to loose by giving it proper time, as opposed to try and 'rush' it.

Hope you have a full and speedy recovery!

6. I squished a lower disc about 12 years ago, and then cracked my neck about 10 years ago. They both still bother me occasionally, but it's manageable if I do all the right things. Those are:

- Physical therapy. Do it. Do not wait.
    - Yoga. Keep everything stretched and limber.
    - Exercise. Strong leg and back muscles are your friend. Lean body mass lessens the strain on your back. Fat and flab will make you hurt all the time.

Do all of the above, and you probably won't need any surgery.

7. Most doctors do nothing more than write prescriptions, because that's all that most people want. If you want to continue to lead an active lifestyle, you have to a) ask more questions, and b) take an active role in your recovery. Most doctors have learned not to expect any of that from their patients.

You might consider seeing someone who specializes in sports medicine.