1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody hear of Ruroc Helmets?

Discussion in 'General' started by scottn, Jul 24, 2019.

1. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So do tons of other cheap helmets. I don't get the insistence on going cheap on riding gear while dropping major money on other stuff for the bikes.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They're not even that cheap.

For $400+ (looks like these are priced from 400-475) you can easily find yourself a quality Bell Race Star or HJC RPHA 11 Pro (both of which are worn and endorsed by top level racers).....why would you choose this instead?

I see they've been around for a few years now and haven't really picked up a whole lot of traction amongst the 2-wheeled community nor racers.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

What I don't get is the attraction to an unknown helmet company? And it amazes me that every year three new helmet companies open for business and five go out of business. Why? Because shit companies produce shit products. Common sense tells me I want (and you should too), a product with a proven track record so number one and two choices for me are Arai and Shoei. And don't bitch about price because it's easy to find a deal on a discontinued model or design for the right price. my 2 cents

KneeDragger_c69 and ducnut like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It always scares me to see the kids especially but any racer promoting the out of nowhere helmet companies just because they got a free helmet or two. It's just not worth being the guinea pig.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because sometimes they can not get distribution in the US. If you aren't dealing, can't get the notice of or agreeing to the terms from someone like Parts Unlimited you're f@cked before you even start.
    Suomy changed their distribution in the US and put themselves right out of business in the US. Teknic lost distribution with their major tried going direct/ independent and went under. KBC lost their disti and <boom> gone.

and sometimes the stuff is complete shit. You can make all the claims you want, sell it through ebay or like all those "new" paki leathers companies and chinese helmet companies, sell some shit and be gone before your shit starts failing. Change the name, find another sucker in the US to sell the crap and be through the cycle again before anyone knows it.

ducnut likes this.
  7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I was the national sales manager at Teknic for 4 years and you are not evenly close to what actually happened, but out of respect to the others I will stop here.

ducnut likes this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well ya shoulda sold more! :Poke: :Poke:

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Is anyone buying this? Nope, me either.

10. Tristan

Those helmets look like a new "premium" line from Icon. Is "bluetooth ready" really a must have feature in a helmet?

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I loved Teknic. I still have my Violator suit and would wear it today.

TSAVO5150 and ducnut like this.
  12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I liked mine, as well. After 10 years away from the track and getting fat, I gifted it to a young kid just starting with track days.

13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Mine was HEAVY but it held up well.

ducnut likes this.
  14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Hot damn a helmet thread! Uppercuts, 3' screwdriver stabbings, and mofos getting cut by page 2. IN!

evakat likes this.
  15. Tristan

Why do I suddenly think of the old "$10 head... $10 helmet" line?

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You overpaid. :Poke:

Chris, Steeltoe and Sabre699 like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I like it for the street for GPS and communication with passengers.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have been one of those. Sold it around 1998 to a dude in Poland. He had to be the happiest person on earth to get a suit with a hole (in the stretch panel) in it. Is that I had no idea how difficult it was to get stuff like that over there. He sent his cousin from Brooklyn to meet me after work in the Wall Street district to pick it up.

@Steeltoe , it never came up. Although I suppose his cousin told him. :D

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ruroc is too close to Ruh Roh.

scottn, motoracer1100 and Sabre699 like this.
  20. Tristan

You want to talk to people while you ride???

wait... people want to talk to *you* while you ride???

stk0308 likes this.