1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody ever break their face?

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Jun 22, 2018.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Had a freak surfing incident last Tuesday and broke most of my face. Nose was destroyed, orbital shattered, and cheekbone broken in several places. Maybe I should stick to hobbies involving helmets... :confused:

Had surgery to put my face back together on Tuesday night, and it’s actually healing very well. Got the packing out of my nose this week also which is a huge win.

The most annoying part right now is that most of the right side of my face is numb. I have no feeling in any of my teeth, gums, or upper lip, and limited feeling in my cheek. Doc doesn’t seem to have any real answers besides “wait and see”.

Anybody been through something like this?

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Wow, she whupped yer ass good. I'd come up with something other than surfing accident though. She a big girl?

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

She may not be big but she sounds mean as hell.

BigBird likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, here's your chance to unuglify yourself. So long steve buscemi, hello brad pitt.

Heal up fast.

BigBird, joec, Boman Forklift and 3 others like this.
  5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

In a fight outside of a bar ,I went to tackle 2 guys at the same time and as we were going down my face went straight into a 2 foot high brick wall. Cracked my skull just above my toothline and below my nose. They said there wasn't anything they could do,so let it heal on its on. Yours sounds way worse though. Hang in there.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That does not sound pleasant at all.

7. britx303

Also, I was very drunk.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Were you at the wedge? I heard there was an accident there during the south that rolled in last week.

Hope you feel better.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Did they ask you how you wanted it put back together? Because apparently you could have got David Hassolhoff :D

[​IMG]

Gorilla George and Phl218 like this.
  10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What?! You don't say....:crackup:

britx303 likes this.
  11. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

My uncle broke an orbital and caved in a cheek bone playing a lively game of flag football a while back. I think he had some numbness too for a while, but I don't know to what extent. He looked like he got the shit kicked out of him for quite a while. Healed up perfectly though. Really can't tell that it ever happened.

12. britx303

Not one of my finer moments........if there really are any:crackup:

13. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Not a face break but broke a clavicle, scapula and four ribs in a mountain bike crash..was numb in the injured area for a few months but feeling came back.

14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I’ve broken a lot of stuff but never my face! Heal up fast.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Thread officially derailed.

Sabre699 and crusty9r like this.
  16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Damn Kooks...back to Valley Kook

17. I haven’t broken my face yet, but I have had nerve damage due to impact trauma in my face and in other parts of my body. Eventually the numbness fades away, but it takes a long time for the nerves to regenerate.

One piece of advice - stay in close contact with your dentist. Teeth that have suffered nerve damage due to impact tend to eventually go into permanent nerve failure, meaning that there are likely some root canal procedures and possible implants in your future.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

He must have pissed her off big time.

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yeah, OP, I have. It's OK though cuz I always was an ugly mofo.

Skiing first run of the year on a blue run at Copper Mountain. Little kid cuts in front of me and summer rust coupled with innate lack of skill led to me wiping out. Best I can figure is either I planted my pole & ran into it right eye first; or a ski stabbed the snow & I ran into it. Either way, thoroughly bashed the right side of my face & shattered the orbit and my right cheekbone.

My favorite part was when they were injecting novocain (?) up around my hairline and I could taste it.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

As for nerve damage, the right half of my forehead is still mostly numb, and scratching/touching/rubbing a certain spot on my head just above the hairline causes involuntary tearing in my right eye.

The crash was about 25 years ago.