1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody catch Dateline tonight?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by tony 340, Apr 18, 2010.

1. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

It's a damn shame to see because there's tons of waterfront ports, railyards, and watersupply, there's all kinds of things you could do with this city with a little bit of cash infusion.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Are you talking about Detroit? :D

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Really just drive through it :confused: The rot and decay of some really cool stuff is just sad and that was 20 years ago when I was working down there.

The best solution is to being a retaining wall and fill it with cement like a out of control nuke plant. Contain the blight and politicians so that they cannot get out and destroy another city..... oh wait the unions and democrats now have Lansing, to late.

4. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

I just moved TO Detroit 10 months ago...and I'll be moving to Oakland County in 2 months and out of Michigan in 26.

The problem with Detroit isn't the city, it's the people. The infrastructure is fantastic, but the people have created a culture that no business would willingly move without major subsidies. In order to revitalize the city, the people need to change and the way the city operates needs to change. I don't see this happening any time soon, especially in an era of large government.

5. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I have never in my life seen a City Council so openly hostile and even openly racists as the one in Detroit. Dennis Archer tried to do the right thing and the city council led by MaHaffy or Killpatrick. IIRC was so openly hostile to him it was unreal. That's when I knew it was over for Detroit. Why would anyone with something to offer society live there....

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  6. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

I've never been there but I'm fascinated by the stories and pictures I see. Its like a modern chernobryl.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Been to Detroit. All the stores should be Walmarts over there...

8. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

Detroit

Walmart does not have a store within the city limits.

Nor are there any name brand supermarkets.

9. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

A sure sign of a failing city is one without a Walmart.
    Where will they get their shoes?

10. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

The time one council member stood up during a meeting and threatened to have her brother (or cousin) cap the other council member was classic. Anytime I see Detriot in the caption I read it, make reality shows look even lamer than they are.

12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

The stores outside Detroit that have bus service can't keep anything clothing related on the shelves or even shoes.

Lakisha brings her 5 illegitamate kids to try stuff on. They don't put shit back, and don't buy anything. They'd shoplift before they bought anything.

That's why there's no stores in Detroit. The ones that do open are closed within a year or two.

13. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

14. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

400 liqour stores but no supermarket chains, only a handful of discount markets. Houses for $1500.

15. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

Why does ANYONE live there? Seriously.