1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any V8's on the grid

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

He done pretty well on it from what I have read on Facebook.

2. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

I'll keep showing up! I really believe in the v8 class myself and Chris had a blast at tally. Just finished another v8 bike I'm sticking a buddy on at summit point. I've been trying my best to grab new guys....there's a ton of guys racing v8 legal bikes in other classes and I keep scratching my head on that one.....

3. drewwillgetyou

drewwillgetyou Average Guy

I have to admit after running V8 this weekend that it was a blast. I think there were 4 of us in the race Sunday and we were all pretty close for the most part....well other then me getting rear ended going into turn one

4. joec

joec brace yourself

Sean....they may have 4 cyls and a rear disk, but its still vintage. You expected something different? :D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Not really but I had hopes!

6. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

I'm putting a downpayment on a 2002 GSXR600 track day bike with 750 forks and penske shock this weekend. Can I come play?

7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Be careful with this one boys....nuttin' but trouble I tell ya!! :Poke: :D

He'll be all fast (and shit), yukkin it up and drinking beer after the races....just terrible I tell ya!!!:beer:

I keed of course....it would be good to see Ol' Middleton back out there.:up:

Your son Martin coming out too Dean?

8. yamageezer

Actually the bike is for my son, Martin. I may dabble, but a 17 year old that weighs 150lbs, can run 10 miles, cycle 100 without breaking a sweat and has raced flat track and mx wants get his asphalt feet wet. He'll be drinking beer after the races in no time (well, four years time). :beer:

9. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I was wondering for stuff like this, how quickly does it take for a new class to take off? Is there a buffer period while the word get out and interested people prep/acquire bikes, or is it pretty immediate?

You're always welcome to ride my R6. You'd have to buy a new shift linkage to make it standard shift, but otherwise it's good to go.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on the class. None of them however are as popular as people tell me ahead of time they will be...

11. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Told ya!

12. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Is it an I told you so, or just time to get the word out? For people who don't read the WERA board, I saw it buried in the schedule changes press release back in January. The reception in the general forum was pretty good. People just need to know about it, then come out and run it. That includes me.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Rulebook?

All of the people asking for it did so on here...

14. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

It's only true/real if I read it here.

15. yamageezer

Well I'm 25% closer to owning a V8 bike. Put a down payment on it last night. 2002 GSXR600 ex street bike with 1 track day on it. New Ohlins rear, racetech 750 front end, full race bodywork, scotts damper and billet upper clamp, hindle slip on, vortex 520 gearing, glafer rotors. Hoping it's a just a full service away from racing.

16. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

My buddy has one ready but has had cash flow issues in order to grid it up

17. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

Bring it! The biggest grid we've had all year so far was at summit and it was all r6's too much fun

18. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

There were a lot of guys at Grattan on V8 legal machinery, I told a few of them that they should look into jumping into the V8 class the next round. I think the regular guys all know that the class exists and understand it but the PN guys making the jump from TDs to the grid may be uniformed at this point.

19. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

I have a 2001 GSXR 600 with my name on it up in west MI that I need to get to FL. My brother told me to come get it and the parts bike after his get off @ Grattan last Aug.

I'm looking for a new tow vehicle right now so I can take my trailer up and pick everything for the bikes. He has moved into race carts now. He tends to go all in when he takes something up.

20. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

I'm planning on coming to Roebling, and I never said I would ahead of time. That should make you feel better:D