1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any singles for sale?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by catahoulabuldog, Jun 7, 2019.

1. catahoulabuldog

catahoulabuldog Well-Known Member

thinking about getting into vintage with USCRA and AHRMA looking at finding an ascot or srx maybe? ant feedback is welcome.

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have an Ascot that I would sell. I have raced it a couple of times, but I have others that I am working on. It is a stock motor with a 38 flat slide and an unidentified pipe. It has a VF750F front end on it, CBR 600 F2 wheels and CB700SC shocks. It is pretty well set up. It has a clean title and I would probably take $1400 for it. I think the flatslide makes it illegal for AHRMA, and could stick a 38 VM roundslide on it if you wanted. I have all the parts to build a motor except for valve guides and springs and having Megacycle hardweld and re-radius the rockers. I have built a bunch of the Ascots over the years. It is located in WI, but I could likely deliver to a race.

3. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

I have an XR500R powered Bare Bones Machine I am thinking of selling and moving it on. Built into a reverse cylinder TZ250 frame. PM if you want to start talking. Spares, Marchesini wheels, so forth and so on.

4. zx250r

zx250r Well-Known Member

info/pics?

5. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

6. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Wait did I have a post in the last 3 months talking about a 500 Ascot with a bunch of spares for sale? And I posted it like 10 years ago and it's still available?

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

9. CharlieY

I hear ya......I thought about having a look, cuz, you know.....a 750 racebike...????

Story I get is that its a friend of yamaha guy Steve Libatore (?), who also owns a MZ, but in a TZ250 chassis, and this guy is a neighbor or something who thought about joining Steve but it didnt work out......thats what I heard anyhow.

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've got a friend with an SRX and a GB500 that he'd sell. Both have been sitting so need some TLC. I'm in northern NY, along ways from everybody but if anybody's interested in them and a drive let me know.

11. CharlieY

That GB500 is a nice bike!.....SRX is no slouch, but I prefer the GB.

I cant afford it (cash or relationship capital;)) .....so I wont even tease.

Thanx Bandit!....

12. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

I’m not trying to push the OP to buy however, he’s in the CT area so it’s not too far away.

13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I can bring my Ascot to Mid-Ohio if anybody wants it. It will be ready to race.

14. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

The MZ price was dropped to $750 and was snapped up a while ago I believe.

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Nope, I'm negotiating with him right now, because...IT'S MY OLD BIKE!! Completely nuts. I just happened to open this thread because I bought an SR500 race bike last month and it looked like an interesting thread. I click on the link and think, hum, I had an MZ just like that that my son and I raced in 2010. Then I got in contact with the guy, we traced the lineage of the bike and sure as shit, it's my old bike. We are in talks right now about how to get it to Louisville.

Here is my son with it at Road Atlanta and Nashville. The giveaway was the light spot on the front of the oil catch fairing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

yamageezer likes this.
  16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Well, looks like it's a done deal. Now the big question (and I'll post this elsewhere too)...anybody coming from the Dawsonville area through Louisville with a truck? Of course I'll pay.

yamageezer likes this.
  17. CharlieY

Thats very cool!

I really liked Nashville.

18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You should re-think this, I can pick it up and send you your money back...keep it here...:)
    Glad I didn't see it for sale..it would've been here..LOL

If you can't arrange for the transport, I can pick it up and store it for you till you can, if it becomes an issue, Dawsonville is not that far of a ride for me...25mi

19. wolfie109

wolfie109 Well-Known Member

I am going to be posting my Yamaha YZ450F GPTECH conversion for sale within the next 2 weeks. I am in North Jersey, this is a copy of the posting from when I purchased it. I will update the particulars when I post.

Yamaha YZ450F built in house by Geoff at GP Tech (http://www.gptechllc.com/).
    Starting with new '08 Yamaha crate motor, '07 YZ450 frame, powercoated. R6 front end with Ohlins internals. Ohlins rear shock, Galespeed forged wheels (uses 120 front, 150 /160 rear). ValterMoto adjustable rear sets.

Well over $20k in receipts including an factory Yamaha GYTR race head put on at 20 hours (2K!). Titanium M4 exhaust, all Graves stuff for the single (oil breather recycle etc). Many custom machined parts for retrofit.

ALL the fasteners are titanium (incl shock and linkage, motor mounts etc etc-roughly $2k).

Weighs in at 235lb wet, bike dynoed when adding 9 map programmable ignition with 2 map switch, Hinson slipper clutch,water temp gauge, now has 47 hours total (27 on head) valves just checked. Runs on pump gas but I use Sunoco 100.

Kick starter that works with the TZ250 bodywork! Starts easy hot or cold.

Never down, fun as hell! Always senior adult ridden.

Some spares, sprockets, spare bottom end for future rebuild, shim kit, front rear stands, tire warmers, service manuals. It is always a conversion piece at the track.

Great clubman bike, D Superbike or fun trackday bike

Will be posting on ebay soon. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

sreavis, May 18, 2016 Report

20. wolfie109

wolfie109 Well-Known Member