1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ANy Refinance Mortgage lenders out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by chadspaint, Oct 11, 2011.

1. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

Looking to cut my rate from 5.5% to maybe 4.0 or 4.5%. Would like to give the buisness to racers or people affiliated w racing.
    Thanks

2. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

isnt davie stone doing that stuff now?

3. chadspaint

i don't think he is too crazy about it, cause I'm a little under water on it

4. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

i'm interested to.

5. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. My application for a refi into a 30 year fixed was declined after spending four months battling with Wells Fargo to refi an existing Wells Fargo mortgage. LTV, DTI and appraisal were all within guidelines. I have plenty of reserves. I paid off and closed any/all revolving debt save for one small credit card balance. I even replaced my auto lease to lower debt to income even further. I kept getting jerked around by different people who simply did not know what they were doing. Finally, they asked me to fabricate a document showing how I am compensated despite providing paystubs, a copy of an employment contract and an employee compensation handbook. I finally told the Office of the President of Wells Fargo's consumer lending to tear-up my application and never call me again. Furious about the whole refinance bullshit- low rates? Yeah, right. Getting a refinance is next to impossible.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anyone know how to refi an RV?

7. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

I just closed on my refi, at 3.35%, not 2 hours ago. I went to a 10yr, consolidated my home equity along with it, and am paying less per month.

I went thru my credit union, and I had zero trouble getting the loan.

8. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Subscribed.

I'm going through this right now. Spent many hours on the phone and digging up information for them, my mortgage lender, only to stop getting calls back this week.

One huge thing I ran into is I bought the house as a primary residence in NC in 07. I lost my job the next year and moved to FL for a new job. Now it comes up as a freaking investment property... Luckily the insurance company I have is one out of the eight (what the refi guy said who knows) that allows for change on properties like mine. We'll see, I don't have high hopes. Wish the tornado would have taken it out it missed by less than a mile.

9. ride4lame

ride4lame Well-Known Member

I have a guy I know who works on re-fi's.
    He doesn't ride/race though.

I can have him give you a call if you're interested, shoot me a pm.

10. chadspaint

credit union. did a 12 year for me on a 1995. You can refinance like it is a second home but you can't live in it

11. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I financed mine via home equity line of credit (lower rate than RV loan)

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! Wish we had that kind of equity in the house :D

I'll check the CU idea, thanks Chad.

13. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Portfolio Loan Account. This revolving credit line has a low rate and is collateralized by a brokerage account.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll check into that, thanks!