1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any project bikes for sale?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 70yamahaR5, Jun 18, 2014.

1. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

I've got the itch for a vintage project bike (maybe not so vintage). Not sure what, but am open to suggestions.

Anyone got something they want to sell at Barber?

Also, any interest in an '83 CB1100F? It's been a great bike, but I might be interested in passing it along.

And please go to gofundme.com and donate to Joe Pomeroy. I did and will continue to do so, as many others are.

Cheers, guys.

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Just do a CB350 racebike and be done Rick, thats where you are headed anyhow! Beat the inevitable to the punch man! :rolleyes: :rock:

Its just good clean fun, and there is always someone to race.

...and totally agree on the Joe deal. That guy, man, in a chair and he's still leading the way! :up:

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I was saying that to Reggie at Road Atl. Just once I'd like to ride a CB350. Just to see how it is.

I look around here on craigslist for the barn find type one.

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I'm sure we could swap rides in practice sometime....'cept I dont have anything to swap at the moment!

Maybe next year tho.:up:

5. I have a CB1 or a F3 both projects. Would be good race projects if that is the direction you are going. I also have a 1975 CB400F chassis with Hurricane front end, wheels and brakes on it. I would like to see it leave my garage too.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Cool, you got a deal. It'll either be the FZR or the F3. I will possibly have my CBR400RR at some rounds but unfortunately I couldn't live with myself if anything ever happened to it and it was not at least by my hand.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's like riding your 400 only it doesn't go as fast or turn very well. But to make up for it the brakes usually don't slow you down either. :D

8. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

Charlie, I'd do the 350 thing but don't have a 5 gal plastic bucket for a fairing and tail piece. :D

The project bike doesn't necessarily have to be for racing. Street and trackdays are options.

9. Yamaha179

Yamaha179 Well-Known Member

Brian:
    There's always that dumpster behind the Food Lion store....
    Lyn Garland

10. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

I got a 96 F3 track bike for sale.

11. 98VTRRider

98VTRRider Well-Known Member

I have FZR600/400/YZF frames/motors galore. A VTR1000F that's V7HW legal. Fzr1000 that's possibly for sale.

12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Well you always said more gas less brake!! Sounds like a winner!! Lol

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I've got an RZ350 that I've lost interest in. Really need it gone. It's in pieces.

14. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Really?

PM me some info please. Thanks.

15. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Did I forget to say dibs?

DIBS!

16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

A 1982 xz550 with the 1983 frontend dual brake setup,A spare xz engine in pieces,boxed up. Also 2 first gen ex500s,one running,the other not at the moment.

17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Low mileage benelli 350? CB350 four? RD125? CL70? Pretty nice BSA 650 lightning? Need real money for that one. Come on down to Mobile and help make some room in my shop.

18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Does your CB350 old man!?!?

19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

What kind of Cajun double talk is that?:) I'm gonna go with does it run. Yes. It has a vintage 4 into 1 and pods. Don't worry, it's already jetted! Stop on your way home from Barber and take it away. It sounds like a 1966 Honda gp bike, even when you're going 35 mph.

20. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

I might be interested in selling my GS500/KX500 project. Its complete minus a topend rebuild. Lance