1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any powdercoating hookups?

Discussion in 'General' started by Spitz, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Just looking to powdercoat (4) 17" fake beadlock rings for my tundra a satin black or something. Noone around here I know of that does it, don't feel like investing in something I might only do once a year. Anyone know a place that wont rape me dry? I'll have the piece sandblasted and nearly ready t coat.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Where you located? Charlie is setup for powder coating at HFD1.

3. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Near GB, WI. Would ship them too. Just don't want to waste a production guy's time for a few dumb little pieces, if someone did it on the side etc..

4. Venom51

It's the slow time of the year for the shop. Give him a call. He'll probably want to do it. 404-863-0522

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

If you wanna send it to me down in Kenosha, I can take it to my local guy. He's very reasonable. As an example, right now they are blasting and coating a GS450 frame and swingarm for me for $125.

6. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Can HFD1 do large items, like a full size frame? I may be looking at some powder coating in a month or two. They are down the street from me.

7. Venom51

8. I have a place out here that does 1-2 day turn around and it's good work. You're more than welcome to ship it to me and I'll drop it off with the next batch we do and I'll ship it back.

9. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Sounds good guys, i'll take them off and blast them and hit one ya'll up. Thanks.

10. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

WERA racers Nick and JP Shahin do paint and powder coat. If shipping isn't a problem, they are in NY and do top notch work. Call JP @ 585-520-9285

11. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

How big are they?

12. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

They are 17 inches just like the first post says. Probably going to toss the rings now though, after removal found lots of corrosion to the wheel and the ring. Rings are getting tossed and the wheels are getting sandblasted and probably coated more locally as shipping wheels is not going to be feasible for cost.