1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other silver investors here?

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, Dec 13, 2022.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It's been a decent year, in comparison to the broader market.

[​IMG]

Conditions are ripe for 2023 to be even better. As inflation hopefully peaks, and the fed is able to pivot, metals are set to pop.

Anybody else here playing this?

GRH likes this.
  2. No.

Sabre699 likes this.
  3. auminer

I know. You're too busy buying RAPIDLY depreciating assets with missing amps. :Poke:

NemesisR6 and Phl218 like this.
  4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I have a complete set of 5Oz silver America The Beautiful coins, some gold, platinum and ancient coins. All for amusement.

auminer likes this.
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I tried last year but failed.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

silver bullets.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

hold your horses. top of the line porsche models have a tendency to go up in value. even a SUV. or at least not depreciate as the rest of the market.

Sabre699 and Gorilla George like this.
  8. Technically, I could sell it right now for a lot more than what I paid for it.

The week before I got it a guy walked in the dealership and offered Jerry $40k over MSRP to buy it on the spot. Used ‘22 models are selling online for $25k more than I paid for mine.

So :moon:

But after looking at the picture, you should have posted this thread back in September!

Phl218 and R1Racer99 like this.
  9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

But thats only if the buttons arent worn to shit. You know Broome has like 500 bpm, minimum. (bpm is button presses per mile). Thats really why he has to sell his cars ever year...the car only has 15,000mi but the buttons have 1,500,000 miles.

:D

10. So I’m looking at silver on Robinhood trying to decide if I should get some. The return over the past 10 years is -5%.

But since 2006 it has produced a total of +2%.

Right now it’s sitting in the middle between the 52 week low and 52 week high.

11. auminer

PSLV is the best "stock" for silver.

12. Found it, thanks.

Edit, that stock isn’t supported on Robinhood.

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

We got Yzass's sister a 100oz brick some years ago (10?). It's more than doubled in price but I don't know how that compares to traditional investments over the years.
    It's pretty cool holding a 6.5lb brick of solid silver that's not appreciably bigger than a deck of cards.

If I were gonna invest in precious metals, I'd do it as a whimsy. Buy a bunch of shot, coins, bars and rounds...enough to make my own little pirate's chest full. I figure 200lbs of silver in an old wooden chest (hardened) would be about $70K. If I swapped out some of the silver for gold, the chest would get smaller (density) as the value increased. I'd probably keep a couple guns, ammo and knives in there...maybe a pair of boots and a boonie hat, too. :D

Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Things will get interesting once they let it run above $25. And jesus the premiums for silver eagles is still insane.

Lately the spot price gets near $25 and it gets whacked back down.

15. ChemGuy

swap out some platinum for the silver/gold and its even smaller. Or better yet, buy a few lbs of Iridium. Very high dollar density there....

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm old school...gold and silver, lead and steel. ;)

auminer likes this.
  17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

My Dad's been buying silver for a few years now, and gives it to the kids for birthdays and Christmas. Something different than regular toys etc, and if they get in a jam at some point in their life they can always make bullets and kill vampires with it.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Werewolves...dumbass. All you need for vampires is a stick with a pointy end. :D

19. ChemGuy

First off erryone knows silver kills werewolves not vampires. And if you find yourself fight vampires you're not in a jam, you're in a pickle. Totally different foods.