1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Ohlins gurus that can explain their crazy PN system?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by sbk1198, Feb 14, 2017.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

After some research I figure out what most of the gist of what an Ohlins spring PN represents but still can't find much info on what the first number actually means and find a chart that shows them all. For example, my shock uses a 21040-39/110 Lsomething something. The last part is just lot number, don't care. The -39/110 is the spring rate. The 21040 refers to the length...supposedly and I'm guessing other stuff as well. This is where I get confused. What is the difference between a 21040 and a 21141 for example? Are they compatible? Where can I find a table that lists all of these so I can figure out what other springs might be compatible with my shock?

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

It refers to length and OD. Call Matt Sage at Ohlins and ask him if he can email you the spring spreadsheet. I'd send you one but the race computer hard drive locked up last week.

3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Do you happen to have any contact info for him, or an email address?

4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Ohlins USA:18003369029

Just restored the drive. 21040 is 150mm, 21041 is 160mm length, all of those are 51 mm ID. I don't show a 21141. In the part number there is another two digits for rate and a letter for color. The 39 is the rate, so the part number would be 21041-39Y. The numbers they print on the spring are slightly more descriptive, so you get the actual rate. The OD of the spring will be determined by the rate (wire diameter).

If you like, PM me an email address and I'll return it with the Excel file.