1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Good Books on the Final Days?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by halowords, Dec 28, 2004.

1. halowords

halowords Well-Known Member

Just curious if there are any good books out there on the final days (end of the world, anti-Christ, rapture, etc.), aside from Revelations of course. I tried reading the "Left Behind" series, but I found the writing flawed; some of the descriptions and events seemed plausible, but the people and their relationships seemed very forced and 2-dimensional. I wasn't able to get through the first book; a lot of people liked it but it didn't do much for me.

Any good books on the subject, fiction or purely research-based, anybody would recommend?

-Cheers

2. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

You might trying watching "Army of Darkness"

3. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

It's not about the Final Days but an interesting piece of fiction is Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice.
    She has a very unique view on Satan and his relationship with God.
    The last 50 pages or so are terrible. She either couldn't come up with a plausible ending, or just needed a check.
    The rest is worth reading.
    BTW, I saw in the other thread your reference to The Stand, it's my favorite King book. :clap:

4. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  5. halowords

halowords Well-Known Member

The Stand rates just behind The Dark Tower series as a whole in my opinion, but you can't really separate the two. Good stuff. If only Roland was in The Stand . . .

One book that I recently read and enjoyed thoroughly is Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. It's a comedy but is written pretty accurately according to Christian scripture. You can tell they did a lot of research on the topic of the Anti-Christ, the end of the world, and basically Biblical History. Definitely worth a read, as few books can make you laugh and think at the same time.

-Cheers

6. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

I'm still going to try and read the 'Left Behind' series. I've got a book entitled 'Prophecies For The Biblically Inept.' Styled after the [Insert Subject Here] For Dummies. Pretty good read because it gives lots of scriptural references to the last days.

Here's one to send TCasby on a bender (almost as good as my belief that it's possible dinosaurs could have been on the Ark):

I think (given the world's political and environmental climate) that it's highly possible the anti-Christ is alive on earth today. Do I know for sure? Of course not. But I still think it's a good possibility.

Does anyone else find it coincidental that the majority of US armend forces are in the Middle East? Sure makes it convenient for Armagedeon.

Is it possible that the anti-Christ is a woman? Hilliary in 2008? (That's a joke BTW).

7. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Yep, lotsa good research papers out there on the end of world. After all, it's happened so many times it's a phenomena that's well studied. :rolleyes:

8. mad brad

mad brad Guest

i belive that's the first time i've laughed at one of your posts rich. :D

funny.

9. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

If you and I agree, that is the end of the world!!:D