1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any finance majors?

Discussion in 'General' started by TBSgraphics, Sep 10, 2006.

1. TBSgraphics

TBSgraphics Well-Known Member

solve this=

Marquez Software has a WACC of 16%. Its stock sells for $9, currently pays a dividend of $.50, and has a growth rate of 8%. If the debt outstanding is priced to yield 10%, what are the proportions of debt and equity in the capital structure of Marquez Software? Assume no taxes. (Hint: this problem works back from WACC to determine the debt/total value and equity/total value ratios.)

:up:

2. mad brad

mad brad Guest

ask JWB about that stock's performance in the future.

3. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

I majored in Finance 6 years ago and I'm still trying to figure out what WACC stands for :) Weighted Average Cost of Capital?

Just pick letter C :)

4. nebulate

nebulate Well-Known Member

i thought i would never see these types of problems again after i graduated. is this a problem for you or are you just tormenting old finance majors :)

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hell, I graduated just to make sure I would never see these types of problems again.

6. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Ummmmm...............................punt.

7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

You left out some needed info.

Everybody knows that the value of a company is dependent on the quality and quantity of the doughnuts in the breakroom.

8. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

For real...I graduated a little over a year ago as a finance major and I haven't seen that stuff since. Can't you do that on an Excel spreadsheet or somethin'?

And I graduated from that prominent university...Penn State.

9. TBSgraphics

it's from my mid-term, thats all the info..

10. mwike

mwike Well-Known Member

4.2 to 1

stayed at a Holiday Inn last night

11. nebulate

nebulate Well-Known Member

you can do it on excel, i remember doing those problems but they weren't that hard. But i remember doing it on excel and it being a lot easier than on paper. What level finance class is it? is it the first year general classes or specific corporate classes?

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

If a WACC and a half can gross a yield and a half, what's its PE?

13. TBSgraphics

never mind, got my grade back today, got a %100 but the question was unaswerable(trick) damn instructor.... wasted 6 hours on it....:down:

14. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

And I told you that. :Poke: :D

Congrats on the 100. :up: