1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any DC area racers for Talledega?

Discussion in 'General' started by mtnbkrpnk, Jan 2, 2002.

1. mtnbkrpnk

mtnbkrpnk Broke racer.....

I need to find anyone from the DC area who plans on attending the race weekend at Talladega in February. I need to hitch a ride! This is my last opportunity for getting in my race weekend before the 1 year expiration on my Ed Bargy certificate expires.... [​IMG] If you meet this description please e-mail me at [email protected] I know the chances are slim, but worth a shot

2. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

If you drive and haul his bike I'm sure Papa would fly in and meet you there. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

I might be down....what can you bring to the table? (Gas money, trailer, etc?)

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hey, why don't you go make love to Brad or something... [​IMG]

5. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

The last two times I've gone to Roebling in February, it was under 40F degrees, and WET!

But, if Suzuki is paying, then I can be convinced.

6. WERA29

I see you're keeping your resolution to be dumber in the New Year. [​IMG]

We're talking aboot TGPR in Feb, not Roebling. [​IMG] The Roebling round is in March.

7. mtnbkrpnk

Well, I'm pretty much brand spankin new here, so I don't have alot to pitch in, i.e. trailer, etc. That also means I won't have alot to be hauled either.. [​IMG] I was originally planning on Summit Point for the 1st weekend of the year, and I will have my own trans by then, but there is that deadline....

8. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

PHUCK! I'm workin' way too hard! My brains cooked.

No, I will't be goin' to Tally in Feb... unless Suzuki is paying. [​IMG]

9. WERA29

I think we need to have Papa get us that employee discount on shipping our bikes there via US Air and then hopping on a plane with him to fly there and race. [​IMG]

10. Sean Jordan

What deadline?

11. Sean Jordan

Oh, duh, nevermind.

12. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Dude, I hope you make it down here....so at least I won't be the only one wearing a provisional novice shirt in his 1st race [​IMG]

What class are you running in ?

Good luck this year [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Tailender (edited 01-02-2002).]

13. mtnbkrpnk

I'm still not totally sure every class I am eligible to compete in. I have a 92 F2, so I am assuming I can go with B,C,and D Superstock and Superbike. Someone correct me if I'm wrong....I will probably enter 3-4 races.

14. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

You can run Vintage 7 (probably most competitive there). C SB and SS, B SB and SS (though you'll prolly get your doors blown off). But you can't run D stuff with that 600 [​IMG]

15. GaTarheel

GaTarheel Well-Known Member

I'll be there with my GREEN SHIRT flapping slowly in the wind at TGPR. [​IMG]

I'll be riding a '98 GSXR600

[This message has been edited by GaTarheel (edited 01-02-2002).]

16. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

You can also run MW and HW solo 20 on saturday.

17. roy826ex

Cool, I'll prolly just run "B" & "C" Superstock. I am on a 600cc '01 GSXR so we could be in the same class. If I do poorly then I will be selling the 600 & race prepping my street SV650 [​IMG]

18. roy826ex

Yea, I got the green "one" to & I'm certain I'll be the Tailender [​IMG]

19. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

There aren't that many SB's out there in novice ranks. Most of the guys I've seen run SB and SS with SS bikes [​IMG]

Actually, I haven't seen too many experts with SBs either, since Suzuki doesn't pay in the SB class...

[This message has been edited by Guoseph (edited 01-02-2002).]

20. GaTarheel

GaTarheel Well-Known Member

It'll be a dog fight for that last spot!!! [​IMG]