1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any chance WERA will run in Austin 2014?

Discussion in 'General' started by revin62, Jan 10, 2013.

1. revin62

revin62 Well-Known Member

Really hoping so, but I'm sure that facility won't come cheap.

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Search is your friend.

3. Tunersricebowl

Tunersricebowl Fog, onward through.

I'm betting not.

4. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

Mongo hasn't posted yet, but I heard it it was a few weeks after the event at Indy.

Not a true statement...:crackup:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

For 30 grand a day or more in just rental there is no way in hell it's viable for us. That's if they'd even rent it to us.

I would absolutely love however to be a part of their whole MotoGP thing if they're interested, same for Indy. We could put on a great event as part of the leadup to the big races.

6. Not to mention that it is kinda "in the middle of nowhere" as far as WERA is concerned.

Which region would it be in? WERA West guys likely wouldn't travel that far. It would be way too long of a haul for most WERA SE guys.

I seriously doubt WERA would get enough CMRA guys who are willing to do a 1-off WERA weekend to even come close to breaking even.

But that is just my opinion.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd do it as a National and try to work with CMRA as a regional round for them - possibly make it a WERA West round but that would be tough to justify.

8. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

IMHO, it would seem to be a little far East to be a West round.

9. After i posted that; i was thinking along those lines. Some type of co-WERA/CMRA round.

It would be rough to "force" people chasing a Regional championship to drive to Austin. But as a National, it would be sorta like the Miller thing (which people travel for).

Now you have me thinking of ways to make it work for WERA and i have never even seen the track. :crackup:

10. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Bust out your checkbook Mr. Moneybags, sign a check, send it to Mongo and let him fill in the rest.:D

You could call it "The Big BOOM BROOME MEGATRON National"!!!:up:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

100k should do it for now. Once the check clears I'll get right on it.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

For $100K I'd have Van Halen play my birthday party.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know a guy who knows a guy who could probably make that happen :D

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well alright.

[​IMG]

15. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

30g, I take it they want to you pay for the track?

16. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I do believe that Sears and Laguna are both over 20K.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Last I heard was 32-35k. But then again, they also canceled a lot of dates for track days and the like so no ides if it's even possible to rent it at all right now.

18. Houston hb

Houston hb Well-Known Member

so how does a trackday from Texas get to run that track cause i know they are not pulling in 30k on a trackday.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wait until you see what they have to charge.