1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Bighorn gurus??

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by turner38, Oct 22, 2019.

1. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Got a couple I’ve had a few years i’m Going to make a winter project out of. Anyone know what rods and pistons fit?
    Plan on doing a resto mod type deal on one of them with updated suspension and wheels, the other will most likely go back all original. Anyone know a source for decals and seat covers?

90kacoupe likes this.
  2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I think we used diablocycle.com for two H2s we resto’d a few years ago for the decals etc. Somebody here was doing a bighorn roadracer..........but it’s been awhile since they posted anything about it......don’t recall who it was though.........Henshaw?

turner38 likes this.
  3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

90kacoupe

4. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

Ask away! I have been racing mine for a few years. I have my bighorn motor in a S2 Kawasaki frame. Right now the motor has been a pretty mild setup making about 40hp. Pistons and Cranks last forever. I have put 3 seasons on a crank, and every winter I put a fresh piston in it, but the one I pull out looks brand new.

I use a Kawasaki JS750 piston, and a rod from a Yamaha Jetski.

5. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Thanks all, have seen the Klemm stuff and will be sending him heads to cut, their page is a great source of information.
    Have found decal sets in a couple of places now, still need to figure out which rod kit to order. Haven’t torn either engine down yet to measure what is in it. Doubt if either bike will ever be raced but you never know.

7. loser

loser Well-Known Member

The people at KZ900 dot com offer e a very nice decal package.

http://kz900.com/decals/kaw/decals-kaw-F-series.html

If you're willing to cover shipping I have a box of excellent condition extra parts (headlight and bucket, headlight arms, reflectors, and rust and damage free exhaust and other things I'm forgetting) you can have.