1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any beeb drywall/trim experts?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dragginass, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

My house managed to escape the recent floods here, but unfortunately we had a bad water leak from the rains. I have a few walls that we had to rip out the sheetrock/insulation/trim. With all of the flooding here there is zero chance I can get any of the normally reputable guys to do the work. I "can" hang and float sheetrock, but we just moved in this nice new house and I want it perfect.

Just seeing if any bbs guys would be up to it. Obviously it's paying work, and I would cover airfare and lodging for anyone who came. Probably 2 days work? Im not in a rush, I have to get flooring and new windows done first.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Move to higher ground.

3. Dragginass

You sir can kiss my ass. I didn't flood, if you can read. Secondly, most of the homes that flooded were not in a flood zone, and many friends and family lost everything. When you get 35" of rain in 36 hours ANYWHERE would have flooded, so take your bullshit comments somewhere else.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Relax....

For the topic - I hate drywall even more than painting.

BigBird likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Pass. But thanks for the offer.

Best of luck finding help. We can't find qualified finishers even without massive flood and water damage skewing the market.

6. sowega

sowega #710

I've handled a lot of trim in my day, but never had much desire to mess with the dry stuff.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

A little dab of spit will do ya!

L8RSK8R, Phl218 and condon66 like this.
  8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

But he meant it as a joke, right?
    You said:
    Funny how it is funny until you or someone you know is affected.

Dragginass likes this.
  9. I farm out both. Despise both of them.

10. Dragginass

It takes a lot to make me mad, but ignorant comments like his would get him some uppercuts in person. I've spent the last 3 weeks helping friends and family move lifetime's of memories, clothes, and parts of their homes to the curb for debris crews to pick up. Hardworking people who did the right things, and no they weren't in flood zones. Forget the news, unless you come down here to help you (acree) can have a nice glass of STFU.

11. Kind of sucks when someone jokes about something that has affected you doesn't it?
    Be careful about the uppercuts comments as well as you probably wouldn't want karma to hit you twice.

12. Dragginass

It hasn't affected me other than I have chosen to help others. I didn't flood.

Karma twice? What are you talking about?

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, it's the wild wild west around here again for drywallers and painters. If you don't like their prices they just tell you to f@ck off and move on to the next project and don't care about your lost business.

What I'm saying is that the few guys I know that do it around here are in full on f@ck you mode 'cause the salad days are here again.

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

If your trim has dry walls, you're doing it wrong.

noles19 and Phl218 like this.
  15. Dragginass

Yep. I'm willing to pay the astronomical prices, but they still don't show up.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Bite me

17. Dragginass

Go help someone and post less.

rocalotopus likes this.
  18. Same here, live in a small town though. Atl is way worse, a lot of people have projects totally on hold because of lack of skilled labor or any labor for that matter. I'm lucky to have a guy who's not the cheapest but good and reliable.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, probably found a bigger and better paying gig and don't care about your small job.

Give it 8 ~ 10 months and they'll be blowin' you to do it at half the quoted price.

Dragginass likes this.
  20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I've contacted no less than 8 painters to paint two projects that fell in my lap. Both are name your price, just show up. At least 6 of them are 6-8 weeks out, and the rest won't even return calls!

And it makes me happy! :clap: