1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another tire warmer brand thread...

Discussion in 'General' started by goodmatt78, Mar 26, 2010.

1. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

another tire warmer brand thread...MJ Motogear

I found this seller in the classifieds and looks like a heck of a price. Anyone have these MJ motogear warmers?

http://www.mjmotogear.com/DIGITAL-CONTROLLER-TIRE-WARMERS-digi-warmer.htm

I emailed the seller and he responded very quickly with good information.

I was originally looking at the T2s, but these are made in the same factory.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  2. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

3. goodmatt78

I am looking for digital ones if possible. Aren't those single temp?

4. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

That remote control box will fail; the connectors are unreliable and the factory manufacturing them provides no support whatsoever.

They appear to be the exact same piece of s&#t product as the Sumomoto USA warmers.

5. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

sorry didn't realize you wanted digital. digital for $220 i would be a little leery...

6. goodmatt78

Did you personally own a set of these? Good info...thanks. It appears that a lot of these warmers are all the same, just rebranded.

7. Rodney Vest #310

Rodney Vest #310 Well-Known Member

Buy whatever you can afford but you will get what you pay for. I have been using the T2's for years and have no compliants. Some items in this sport you cannot hide money on and tire warmers are one of those items. You will end up buying anouther set during mid season and then you are out twice as much. Agian this is just my 2 cents.

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Yes, I owned a brand new set for about six weeks before the control box failed and left me high and dry over a weekend I needed them. Dealt with Brad from Sumomoto USA who is an absolute liar as well as the original manufacturer, both of whom refused to cover their crap product and honor their B.S. "one year warranty".

I'll never make that mistake again, and I pass this information on to help others from making the same mistake.

Do a search on 'Sumomoto' here and read the feedback - it speaks for itself.

9. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

WTF i would be so pissed. i hate poor customer service......

10. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

I concur.

As a person who sold these at one time and had to refund money to several people due to not being able to get them warranted, I can say for sure, stay away from the digital units. :down:

That said, the single temp units I have had no issue with at all and still use a set to this day. :up:

If anyone is interested, I have a bunch of them still that the box doesn't work but the warmer blanket portion is in perfect shape.

11. Rebel-762

Rebel-762 Well-Known Member

Chickenhawk tire warmers :)

Greetings,

Why take a chance with something so important chickenhawk tirewarmers are outstanding!

http://www.chickenhawkracing.com