1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another tire thread....

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Dec 21, 2002.

1. john ross

john ross Well-Known Member

nextyear i watch maybe ride yo:D

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Posted by mbmotorsport :

...LOL... I know, I know. But you gotta start somewhere...

And I wasn't about to go and post this on "Squid R Us.com"...

If the possibilty of getting an real answer is slim here, imagine what kind of bullshit would be slung my way over there...:D

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Posted by Mbmotorsports :

Yup, that's right. Actually the reason the whole thread came about is because I was reading one of my old Performance Bikes magazines. It was an article about making an TL1000S handle. They also had a problem with the bike tankslapping at just about anything over 3/4 throttle. One thing they tired is a 200-series tire. The test rider Simon Havgares, said the bike handled worse on the bigger tire. Not only that but the bike was better on a 170-series tire, although the stock bike came with a 190-series tire. On top of that, the bike's actual tire size was 185...:confused: They also said that although the GSXR600 had a 180-series tire it actually measured 175. And when the bike was being developed, Suzuki test riders preffered the 170-series tire for the Gixxer. (I swear I'm going somewhere with this...)

You see, what it came down to is the "Cool as shit" factor. They (...as in Suzuki...) wanted to put a bigger tire on there because of sheer bullshit stakes of "mine is bigger than yours". Not to mention it looked good on paper. Damn squids are fukcing it up for us...

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2002