1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another theft

Discussion in 'General' started by owndjoo, Mar 24, 2006.

1. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

well, i'm glad it wasnt me, but my best bud had his trailer stolen out of his driveway this morning in Canal Winchester,OH. it's a white 20ft trailer with a few sponsor stickers on the sides at the very rear. the bottom ZING sticker is gone but has the adhesive still on it. inside was a streetbike and a 1980 CR250 elsinore that he and his dad were restoring. also a few odds and ends to do with their landscaping business. luckily his supermoto bike was in the garage with his gear and pitbike since he uses a van now. the van was unlocked beside the trailer and was untouched. their car was blocking half the driveway and the trailer had a ball lock on the tongue. got it out without waking the dogs or hitting anything.

2. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Banned

Dang, that really sucks. Seems like alot of this is going on lately. I hope they get 'em.

3. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Hope he gets it back. I assume they walked it out carrying the tongue. What then, with the ball lock, are those easy for thieves to break?

Why doesn't someone make a trailer where when it's locked, the wheels don't turn?

4. 223bush

223bush Well-Known Member

Cable lock

The easiest way to lock the wheels of the trailer is buy an industrial strength cable lock and run it through the wheel and suspension. That along with a ball lock will deter more than 95% of thieves. Jeremy

5. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

we think they might have torched it or something.

6. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

moved mine today from the driveway to the back yard,I know that is someone wants it bad engouh they will find a way to get it out of the back yard

7. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Just friggen unblieveable.....:mad:

More trailers have ripped off in the last 2 weeks, it's gettin outta hand...:down:

Someone needs to set up a Trailer sting...:D

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Would a Lo-jack work with a trailer?

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I would think so

10. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

yea, all it is is gps.