1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another reason to thank JU

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, Feb 16, 2007.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

2. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

We have hosted several track days combined with promoters practice at Mid-Ohio on the Thursdays prior to AMA.

The Promoters practice has been sparsely attended and the only way to get even close to a break-even point is by the addition of the non-racing participants. It seems to go smoothly and brings the price down for the racers.

3. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i went to the promotor day practice 2x with team hammer (both at road a). and i loved it. not to bad a price, weekend tickets included, pitting with a bunch of AMA guys. it was cool.

4. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

It is unrealistic, as a privateer, to try and compete at an AMA pro level without Thursday practice. in addition, I have learned more from being out there with the superfast factory guys than racing myself. Thursday practice should be open to all.

If these guys are already 2+ seconds faster than us, is cutting them out of Thursday practice going to slow them down enough so we can make up the deficit? Without us being able to dedicate the same resources and committment to our racing effort that they do outside of a Thursday practice, I highly doubt it.

My 2p worth...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  5. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

6. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

I know it's tough for some people to grasp that there are actually people in the world who will do things for the better good of a sport/cause/etc over monetary gain...

With the fund, I know it all too well, and my hat is definitely off to you Mr. Ulrich (don't mind the glare)...

7. Alexdouble-R

Alexdouble-R Well-Known Member

Hell yeah!

8. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Thanks for the support.

9. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

:up: :up: :up:

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

No, sir, thank you!

11. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Oh man, that is just too funny. Too expensive? No problem, you're banned... problem solved :crackup:

Nice work John :D

12. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Stirrin' the pot again, I see....

Good on ya, JU

:up: :beer:

13. TwoCycler

TwoCycler Well-Known Member

John,

Thanks for providing track time to the underlings! :up:

14. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Who and what? Who was the magazine writer, what magazine?

15. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

The closing thought sums it all up. :bow: