1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another quick change question?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Steezlo, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Steezlo

Steezlo Well-Known Member

Just curious but has anyone done much endurance racing w/o a quick change set up for the rear/front yet at the same time performed a tire change mid way? I am wondering that if my team could change a rear quick enough then it might be possible to do this w/o a quick change(not denying the enormous advantage of a quick change system). We would definitely need to change at least a rear tire, as we would probably be using an R1.

Any advice/help/comment is appreciated.

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I have not raced endurance, but how often you would need tire change(s) depends on what compound tire you use (hard, medium, soft), the riders and their riding style. :confused:

The first part depends on how competitive the team will be: if you just riding for the fun: normal tire change would be okay, but if placing good is a goal, a quick change, or something along those lines would be necessary. :up:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  3. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

not sure on the yamaha's i know they aint easy or the new suzuki's but i could do a rear on my 01 750 in about 30-45 seconds without anykind of quick change stuff .

im hoping on this 05 GSXR 600 i find a way to make it that quick

4. hazbin69

hazbin69 forgot'n crewman

take a few minutes and use your inginuity to captivate a couple falling parts ,well worth it

5. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

good advice..what you been up to slim?

6. hazbin69

chasin tail:rock:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

8. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

Take this for what its worth as the info is about 10 years old, but I helped Virginia Breeze at Summit a few times and with the QC setup on their FZR1000/OW01 setup, we changed rears in 8 to 12 seconds and we were the ones holding up the show.

The dump can would have all the fuel in within 5 or 6 seconds

The BIG holdup was changing front brake pads - about 15 seconds with guys on each side (with heat resistang gloves)

I remember Szarek destroying a set of pads in the first stint of a 6 hour race running away from Michael Martin on the TSE bike. That was a fun day. Szarek broke the overall lap record for SPR on 3 consecutive laps at the start of the race.

9. hazbin69

the fuks put the wrong pads in thats why the burnt up to the dismay of a simple ass like my self who know nothing l0l

10. hazbin69

guys missed me didnt ya!!!!!!!!!

11. vcr12 pit crew

hell yeagh, you gotta come around more often just to stir the pot...i can't do it all on my own.:moon:

12. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

hell, you can't do anything on your own.
    Banana Boy!
    :moon:

13. vcr12 pit crew

hey, i got you didn't I ? Wax boy?:moon: :Poke: hows the kid?