1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Leather Question

Discussion in 'General' started by 1slowguy, Nov 13, 2001.

1. 1slowguy

1slowguy Well-Known Member

I wasnt planning on buying a new set of leathers this year, but I was looking at my beat up leathers and started looking around. I have Teknics now.. worked very well for me.. many times. [​IMG] But I ran across some SPIDI Raptor leathers that I liked, but I dont know anyone who has them...(i may have just answered my own question) any suggestions?

2. 1slowguy

any suggestions?[/B][/QUOTE]

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've kicked the tires on a couple Spidi suits over the last year and they are nice. Do they fit you? Can you get a back protector on under them? Are they priced right? What are you primarly going to use them for? It's your money, but I say if you want them, grab 'em.
    I'm sold on over built american made leathers (ala Vanson, Z custom, Syed) because I've seen how they hold up after their second, third, fourth crash. Over the last 20 years plus or minus I've had Fieldsheer, Dainese, RS Taichi, Bates,Z custom, Vanson, Kushitani, Advanced Design, Nankai, Helimot and some others that slip my mind at this point and all have done their job to one level or another.
    It's your money and your final descision, but I say if you're happy with them and they fit your need, buy 'em .

Dave K

4. huffdaddy

huffdaddy Well-Known Member

the main thing here is it is your skin think of the fit is real important that it fits good on you look at the stiching and the edge of the leather seams ask how is it stitched how old is the suit ect.

5. MadMax 804

MadMax 804 Guest

I have the Raptor Winds that I got in april or may. Love them!! My first pair were a set of vanson's. They were awsome. But I really like these Spidi that I have now. Plus all of the novice fast guys are wearing Spidi like Geo, wera516(Andrew Mueller), Tommy Bauchiero, Brian Crain, Jeff Walker, me!

6. 1slowguy

Thanks to all.. Cant find anything bad about spidi so they sound good to me.. thanks again.

7. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

Vanson has a promotion. If you trade in an old set of Vanson leathers, they'll cut $200.00 off your order.