1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another EX500

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 70yamahaR5, May 13, 2014.

1. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Man... Interested in any type of trade. PM or call me.

3. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I have no room for another bike, but if I did that is a pretty sweet little 500

4. charles

charles The Transporter

It's a good bike, Rick needs to sell it so I can get him on a proper 2-Stroke.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Ok, what is up with no one wanting EX500s? El Skwid and I have had a couple for sale for some time now and the only interest has been us looking at each others bike. Now here comes Rick literally GIVING a great EX away and, once again, no one is buying. If I didn't have so much other stuff going on I would buy this one, especially at that price.

For you lurkers out there the EX makes a great bike to get started with racing. Is it an awesome handling, top of the line racing machine? No. Is it a cheap way to grid up and race with something that won't make you cry if you crash it into oblivion? Absolutely. Parts are plentiful and cheap, it's pretty easy on tires, they crash well and they don't cost much in the first place.

6. charles

charles The Transporter

What you describe is something that has puzzled me for years: people say they would like to start racing, or say they would like 'something' for this class or that class, but along comes that 'something' and -poof- everyone disappears!
    There is no explanation for it that makes sense.

7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I agree with Kurt....and I'm interested why as well.

Very nice bike Rick, sorry to hear you are selling it sir. :(

I've got mine "supposedly" sold to the guy I let ride it at Tally, for slightly over what Rick is asking for his.

I remember when I thought CB350's were cheap. Not no more.

If you want to race on a tight budget, there is no beating an EX right now!

8. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

I am one of very few still flying the EX flag at the racetrack. If I didn't already have the F3/ZX swap on mine I would be all over this one. You cannot even begin to build a racebike for the asking price on this machine. Ask me how I know.

Get off your asses, buy these EXs and come out and race with me! They are a hoot to ride and certainly less expensive than just about anything else to race.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  9. ped

ped Banned

^ really tempting

10. yamahogg500

yamahogg500 Well-Known Member

As a past owner of this bike ( I sold it to Tuna ) . This is a sweet
    deal. I am also tempted and counting my rat hole money.

11. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

As the North Central EX rider, I'll echo T500, if you are looking for a race bike that is fun to ride but easy on the wallet, you probably can't beat this. Way faster than an EX250, lots of classes to run and cheap to find parts and keep tires on it. Going to the third weekend on a set of Bridgestone slicks on mine, and they still look (and feel) good.

Very few can say they ride a 600 or a 1k to its limits, but you can on an EX!

12. diamondj

diamondj Well-Known Member

No more Suzukis for you Krash?

13. t500racer

How's it going DiamondJ?

Just a 1200 Bandit for the street. Got a deal on the EX I couldn't pass up as my ticket back to the track. I've still got pre-mix in my veins, but the diesel is the way to go for right now!

14. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

yeah, that one could be parted out for a lot more than the asking price...

I can't tell if the pipe is a V&H or a Hindle, but those are in high demand from the newbs at EX-500.com

Actually, let me know if you don't have enough posts to list it there. I've had an account for years. Sold my EX in 2011(?) though.

15. 70yamahaR5

Thanks, guys.

It's a V&H pipe with racing baffle and slight rash.

I'm hoping one of the two guys coming to look at it this weekend will get it back out on the track.

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Maybe you could point something over here since there are three for sale in the vintage section?

17. t500racer

Unless you are giving it away those cheapskates on the EX board won't want anything.

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Well heck, they need to come be members over here, they will fit right in with the rest of us. :D

19. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

If it was closer, I'd be all over it.

20. 70yamahaR5

Sold today to young guy in north MS. Hopefully it will be on the track again soon. Glad it went to a good home.